Spiral Architect Vs. Frantic Bleep

Pearl101

Mar 18, 2007
What do you reckon out of the two?

Personally I would say SA, as it is more technical, however I reckon FB are more melodic.

FB are incredibly bland at times, and Spiral just never stop...

SA

Oh boy, how pointless is this. Just pick up any band and compare them to each other, so you have a topic here to post. FB is (was?) a cool band, but far from anything I'd compare to SA.

Oh boy, how pointless is this. Just pick up any band and compare them to each other, so you have a topic here to post. FB is (was?) a cool band, but far from anything I'd compare to SA.

I think it's a relatively fair comparison, both have the same kind of sound, so therefore comparing the two can make for interesting conversation. D*ckhead.

Come on fellas, lets all be friends, there's no need to turn this forum into a flame war where immature fan-bois and girls whinge at each other... (Such as many other forums withing this community) This forum is much better than that! :)

P.S. Disagreeing is fine, makes for interesting debates, just don't turn it into name-calling... ;)

Especially if you only have 8 posts so far...baby, ha! :lol:

Seriously, I don't think that these two bands are related sound-wise in any way. FB are really good, and I hope there will be a new sign of life by them in the near future. As usual, Earache Records has spoiled it all. The bands that are on this label still are mostly shit today...what a decline by a label that once defined a genre!

Which band would you say is most similar sound-wise to Spiral Architect then?

Well, most similar would be Twisted Into Form, since the guitarist was actually in Spiral Architect. In regrard to your original question, I much prefer SA to FB. I agree though that since Frantic Bleep are not a technical metal band, comparing the two is a bit like comparing Dream Theater to Korn.
Tom C

Yeah, I would probably have to say Twisted Into Form is the most similar sounding, though they still sound very different... I guess the other two, are SA's two main influences Watchtower and Psychotic Walz, which would make sense...

Yeah, I would probably have to say Twisted Into Form is the most similar sounding, though they still sound very different... I guess the other two, are SA's two main influences Watchtower and Psychotic Walz, which would make sense...
Hmm. I see the Psychotic Waltz comparison a lot and I've never really understood it. Yes the singers sound alike timbre wise, but that's it. Musically they're WORLD'S apart. I mean Chris Salinas sounds a lot like Geoff Tate, but to compare Power of Omens or Zero Hour to Queensryche... again, sort of apples and oranges to me. Oh well. Can't deny Watchtower was a huge influence, though.
Tom C

I got the Frantic Bleep album today, it's pretty cool, some parts almost remind me of a melodic, clean vocalled Meshuggah... which is kind of an oxymoron, but oh well... other parts even seem a bit doomy...

Nothing like SA though...