Spiritual Beggars

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
So this guy from Spiritual Beggars is playing keyboards for Opeth on the damnation tour?
Have any of you guys listened to this band? I love them from what I've heard so far.. sounds a lot like Sabbath, instrumentally..
i like that

I'm a total Beghead...I've got all their albums with the exception of "Another Way to Shine" which is hard as hell to find. They're are fucking awesome heavy rock n' roll. I don't know how much they sound like Sabbath though....

....I wasn't aware he was playing keys on the Damnation tour...that's awesome. Another 70s inspired rock/metal band he plays on is Firebird, with Bill Steer, also ex-Carcass (What's with Ex-Carcass guys and 70s rock? ;) ). It's good stuff too, though not nearly as good as S.B.

Swanöholic said:
I'm a total Beghead...I've got all their albums with the exception of "Another Way to Shine" which is hard as hell to find. They're are fucking awesome heavy rock n' roll. I don't know how much they sound like Sabbath though.....

He he he I just went to a mates place tonight and found "Another Way To Shine" in his collection, he said he had never listened to it (he got it for free off another mate) and said I could have it, and then I see your post wooohooo I scored

I love "Ad Astra" and really enjoy "On Fire"

i went to see em live in birmingham last month, and was talking to Per Wilberg about the damnation tour. him and mike are good friends apparantly... he cowrote Ending Credits on damnation. and yes he is doing the keyboards for the damnation tour.

i got a SB signature drumstick out of that gig, and a fully signed 'On Fire' cd (and a chat with Mike Amott about the new Arch Enemy CD, which he had on him :p)

I don't know too many people who are into these guys. I just got On Fire off of Ebay a couple weeks ago and am LOVING it! I'm a fan of Amott's work with Arch Enemy and of course Carcass but didn't know about this project until I met him after an Arch Enemy show a few months back and he told me to check it out. I heard the singer on this On Fire album is new, what do you guys think of the old guy then? I want to get their other albums, but I'm not sure if I'll like the other singer! By the way I think my favorite song on this album has to be The Lunatic Fringe, if by chance someday they tour in the states I have to hear that one live!

Oh great..... another bloody band I have to check out.

Yeah, thanks guys.... thanks a bloody lot! :bah:

Spike ;)

Triumphant Apostle said:
I don't know too many people who are into these guys. I just got On Fire off of Ebay a couple weeks ago and am LOVING it! I'm a fan of Amott's work with Arch Enemy and of course Carcass but didn't know about this project until I met him after an Arch Enemy show a few months back and he told me to check it out. I heard the singer on this On Fire album is new, what do you guys think of the old guy then? I want to get their other albums, but I'm not sure if I'll like the other singer! By the way I think my favorite song on this album has to be The Lunatic Fringe, if by chance someday they tour in the states I have to hear that one live!

Amott is a cool guy. I was talking to him after their SC gig last year and I asked him about the new SB album and he was stoked to talk about it. I think he was kinda shocked actually. And nobody out there had heard of them either which I found strange. They are great. I like the new singer better. He has more of a dirty rock voice that I think accents the music better. The old albums are still worth getting though.

np: To Bid You Farewell