SPITZ SOLO CD???

gerardomosh

May 9, 2006
News: Today is Thursday, June 7 2007

June 6, 2007

Babies Arrival:
Announcing the arrival of twin identical healthy Spitz boys.
We have Brendan Alan Spitz at 7.1 pounds 19 1/2 inches and Jaden Michael Spitz at 6.2 pounds 19 1/2 inches. They arrived two minutes apart on May 29th and Candi, my honey, and I have not slept since ...

Music:
I have been very busy over the past many months working alongside one of the world's most famous orchestral composers of Film, Gaming and television, Kevin Manthei. His credentials include Shrek and Shrek 2 along with over 50 game titles including the huge Invader Zim game, as well as Xiaolin Showdown Warner Brothers animated series just to name drop a blip on his resume. It's been a wonderful studio adventure making music with him for the gaming community and making my heavy right handed riffs fit alongside his orchestral NIN pulsating Nord stuff. We are now writing for an epic collaboration for an upcoming blockbuster big screen film series.

I've also built a small studio here in the new place and already have six songs almost complete for my solo cd. Of course this also helps with the compositions alongside Mr.Manthei and all others who call as well.

I will post demo songs soon enough. They are pounding and ripping with lead guitar work that surpasses anything I have ever done on any of the classic Anthrax cd's . I also recorded a great lead for my friend Greg's new band Dirty DNA that will be released shortly at a large studio here in New York. The song is called Cocko De Blocko. I'll keep you informed. So all in all the guitar has not left my hands in months and months. All this music has stemmed from a long phone conversation with my bud Dave Mustaine of Megadeth. Having a wonderful friend you talk to on a daily basis is something all should try to find.

SPITZ NOT COMING BACK WITH ANTHRAX???:erk: :cry: :Smug: :ill:

It will be interesting to hear what he comes up with.

I'm just glad he seems to have sorted shit out with the guys during the last year or 2.

I´m happy Spitz handled this reunion thing in a mature way. They played for 1 1/2 year. Met people, enjoyed it and then he decided that it was enough and went back to his watchbusiness, family and solo-work. No bitching, or name-calling on the web. He has risen quite a bit in my eyes since the bitter Metal-Sludge interview.

And the same goes for Joey, he didn´t want to record because of a bad deal/creative differneces/other things. But he handled it in a pretty good way.

The band never said it was a permanent reunion anyway.

I´ll miss John. Incredible performer. But he´s a grown man and he can decide for himself. A member shouldn´t stay in a band just because a bunch of fanboys say he should. 13 years of Thraxing has probably come to an end, it could be worse - they could have picked Vince "beerbelly" Neil in 1992.