spocks beard

wayne the goblin/robot said:
Ive heard good things about this band and from what i hear from soundclips,

whats your opinion on them, and are they worth my money?
They really are worth of your money. I recommend you to get all of their CDs.
Spock's Beard definetly in my top 10 bands.

what i've heard by them sounds very good - but i have to admit that i aint heard a whole lot >_<

Ive heard good things about this band and from what i hear from soundclips,

whats your opinion on them, and are they worth my money?
You could go with V (released right about the same time that other band put out their record V). It has some great numbers on it. Also worth checking into is Kindness of Strangers, The Light, and Beware of Darkness.

Snow maybe a bit much for a first purchase of the Beard. Feel Euphoria is post Neal and not nearly as notable. Octane is the newest release...dont have an opinion on it, but again Neal isn't there.

As a final option, if you are feeling particularly inspired, go and purchase the dvd set called "Dont try this at Home" and "the making of V". Laser's Edge carries this for a great price. www.lasercd.com if you are unfamiliar with them. Here's the description from their site:

[size=-1]Two (!) DVD set features a 5 camera shoot concert recorded in Holland as well as a 2 hour documentary chronicling the recording of the "V" album. As a bonus Metal Blade has included a CD which features all of the bonus material which was on the now out of print "Snow" limited edition box. So you are getting 2 DVDs plus a CD for 18 bucks![/size] [size=-1]Price:[/size][size=-1]$18.00[/size]

Not only do you get the band in the studio, but you get them live as well...cant go wrong :)

Glenn

Hi,

I'd say, just be careful with them; they are very different from cd to cd. I've got three and I think it's enough. The best of them is Feel Euphoria, meanwhile I think because Neal Morse isn't there any more ;). It think I don't like his singing very much. The other one is Snow but for me it's too long; it gets boring from time to time while listening. I mostly leave out the parts that I don't like. But this results in the fact that the playing time of the remaining tracks is less than one full cd.

I'd suggest you listen to the cds before buying.

Michael

karelrulez said:
I only have V.. It's cool prog-rock but maybe overall a little too old-fashioned for me. Although I really enjoy Neal Morse's latest tribute to God :p

yeah, how was that album anyway. being a christian and all i really wanted to hear what it was like. ive heard that there are a gigilion styles in that album.
P.S. Mike Portnoy being on the album is a plus also

yeah, how was that album anyway. being a christian and all i really wanted to hear what it was like. ive heard that there are a gigilion styles in that album.
P.S. Mike Portnoy being on the album is a plus also
MP contributed on both Testimony and One. Testimony is huge but amazing. Neal tell his life story on it. One is good too. I liked Testimony better than One, but I think they are both worth owning. I need to pick up the limited edition version of One though. It has a cover of The Who's "I'm Free". I have to have that in my collection!!

also a side note to my earlier post. I actually listened to Octane last night. I like it a lot more than Feel Euphoria. Octane is a bit of a return to form to the "normal" Spock's sound. Nick sounds a lot more at ease on this one. Even the band sounds like they tried to recapture the pre-Feel Euphoria sound.

Glenn

star_wars_kotor_spock.jpg

Hahaha