Game: 6 Degrees of Seperation

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
the rules: Link bands musically to each other without using tours as a reference.

example: Link Spocks Beard to Cynic - Neil Morse from Spocks Beard worked with Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater on Transatlantic. Mike Portnoy worked with Sean Malone on O.S.I. and Sean Malone used to be in Cynic.

Think of the craziest links you can and post em or let people try to guess.

The craziest one I have come up with is linking Freak Kitchen to Kamelot, i wanna see if someone can get this one.

now go and rack your brains!

Krezip (a mainstream dutch rockband to Symphony X!

Jacqueline, the singer from Krezip, worked with Ayreon on a track called 'Temple of the cat'. Arjen Lucassen, from Ayreon, worked with R. Allen & M. Romeo, who are in symphony X!

Stratovarious to Freak Kitchen and beyond (supposedly) -

Kotipelto from strato worked with Romeo from Sym X. Allen from Sym X worked with Arjen on star one with Dan swano who is making a new edge of sanity cd with Mattias Eklundh supposed to do solos for who is in Freak kitchen....

Soul of Ice said:
Stratovarious to Freak Kitchen and beyond (supposedly) -

Kotipelto from strato worked with Romeo from Sym X. Allen from Sym X worked with Arjen on star one with Dan swano who is making a new edge of sanity cd with Mattias Eklundh supposed to do solos for who is in Freak kitchen....

:OMG: This one rules! :D

check this one, its the one i alluded to earlier:

Freak Kitchen to Kamelot

Mattias Eklundh of Freak Kitchen did a tribute to Yngwie. Yngwie worked with Jorn Lande. Jorn was in ARK. Tore from ARK was in Conception. Roy Khan was in Conception, but now is in Kamelot.

Ok, "Artension to Shamen"

Vitalij from Artension was suposed to be in Adagio (but didn't) and Dirk Bruninberg is the drummer in Adagio. But dirk is also the drummer in Elegy. The singer in Elegy (Ian Parrey) made a project called "consortium Project" and in the second one "consortium project 2", guitarist Stephan Lill is in. Stephans is in Vanden plas. Keyboard player Gunter Werno, who is also in Vanden Plas. Gunter did some sesion work with Angra in the "rebirth" album. And ex-angra singer Andrea Matos formed a band "shamen".

Talk about simple.

NOOOO ultimate screwed up when i had the best one, now I gotta do it again..

Freak Kitchen to Queensryche

Mattias of FK played some solos on Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos that was produced by Devin Townsend who sang on Steve Vai's Sex and religion. Steve Vai's teacher was Joe Satriani who also taught Kirk Hammet from Metallica who used to have Dave Mustaine from Megadeth in it. Mustaine produced Sanctuary's first album. Sanctuary broke up and Warrel Dane and Jim Sheppard (sp) formed Nevermore. Nevermore's new album (Enemies of Reality) is being produced by Kelly Gray formerly of Queensryche.

I could go on but i tried to keep it metal. It could be even longer if you wanna go from Stratovarious to Queensryche (look at one of my posts above).

So I do believe this is the craziest one so far. Sorry mr. Shred-ididle

Okay, here's what I got. I tried to keep it simple but failed. Here goes:

Napalm Death to Blind Guardian

Bill Steer played guitar in Napalm Death and later played the same instrument in Carcass. Mike Amott played guitar in Carcass and is now in Arch Enemy. Sharlee D'Angelo plays bass in Arch Enemy and was in Mercyful Fate. King Diamond was/is in Mercyful Fate. Andy La Roque played with King Diamond, and played a solo in a song on the At the Gates album "Slaughter of the Soul". Adrian Erlandsson played drums in At the Gates, but is now in Cradle of Filth. Nicholas Barker played drums in Cradle of Filth and has moved on to Dimmu Borgir. Galder plays guitar in Dimmu Borgir and also has his own band, Old Man's Child. Gene Hoglan played drums in the Old Man's Child album "Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion" and plays in Strapping Young Lad. Devin Townsend is the mastermind behind Strapping Young Lad and he sang on the James Murphy album "Convergence". James Murphy played guitar in Testament. Steve DiGiorgio plays bass in Testament and has played bass on the Iced Earth album "The Horror Show". Jon Schaffer plays guitar in Iced Earth and had a side project Demons & Wizards with Hansi Kürsch, who sings in Blind Guardian.

So there you have it. This could've been a lot shorter because four people, that I mentioned, have played in Death. But the longer version is a lot nicer. :cool:

Version One
Me to Me, via The Osmond Brothers.

I was invited to Marie Osmond's wedding. Her brothers did a song called "Crazy Horses." Pretty Maids did a cover of that song. Pretty Maids also did a cover of "Please Don't Leave Me" by John Sykes. John Sykes was on one Whitesnake album. Vivian Campbell was also in Whitesnake. Vivian Campbell played guitar for Ronnie James Dio. Ronnie James Dio was in Black Sabbath. I saw Ronnie and Sabbath on their Heaven and Hell tour.

Version Two
Me to Me, via The Osmonds Twice (continued from Black Sabbath)

Ozzy Osbourne was in Black Sabbath. Ozzy is in a Pepsi commercial with Donny and Marie Osmond. I was invited to Marie Osmond's wedding.

Well, I guess I'm not a band, but I had a band...once...a long time ago...before I was old...

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Cool, but why does your avatar say "Metal Dad"?

Because I'm a dad, and I'm a metalhead.

The picture isn't of me, by the way. It's just a bit of advertising for my favorite Japanese actress.
That picture probably makes the "Dad" thing a bit confusing...

Soilwork to EVH:

Soilwork's album Natural Born Chaos was produced by Devin Townsend. Devin Townsend sang for Steve Vai on his Sex and Religion album. Steve Vai owns a record label called Favored Nations. Andy Timmons is on that record label. Andy Timmons has a signature Ibanez. So does Paul Gilbert. Paul Gilbert played with Billy Sheehan in either Racer X or Mr. Big(can't remember which at the moment.) Billy Sheehan also played in the DLR band. DLR of course originally sang for Van Halen. Eddie Van Halen played guitar in Van Halen.