Sports Thread

Lyon may have won the last 4 or 5 championships, but they're not a typical "big club" in France, their success is due to solid management and a good football school. I have the highest respect for clubs rising that way. Everyone can buy players, but form a team and make it rise with limited means.. that's the purest footie spirit :headbang:

Liverpool ain't that bad at all, and they deserved that win against Barça.
Real is out too btw but it was close against bayern

Might as well create a sports thread and merge this since there are some fans around.

db600.jpg

Good idea for this thread. I find it stupid that on skysports Champions league poll 40 odd % (the top of the poll) think that Man Utd will win it. Ill eat my hat if they do, if you just get past Lille I dont think you have much chance.

Good idea for this thread. I find it stupid that on skysports Champions league poll 40 odd % (the top of the poll) think that Man Utd will win it. Ill eat my hat if they do, if you just get past Lille I dont think you have much chance.

I'm sick of Man Utd.

They beat Liverpool. :(

Thank you, they totally piss me off. Id much rather see Chelsea or Liverpool win it. Im sorry to say more Chelsea because I love some of their players, and Liverpool won it 2 years ago so theyve had their fun.

Good point you bring up. Liverpool or Chelsea definitely deserve it more than fucking Man Utd.

Liverpool fan here. I have a feeling they're going to win it this season, but then again I had the same feeling last season and they got knocked out by Benfica :erk:

I'm just glad Arsenal are out, I absolutely despise them and am happy to see them go two seasons without silverware.

Dude, no. Beckham is one of the best crossers of the ball I've ever seen. Almost always inch-perfect.
Yea. Im not saying I like him as a person, but he was pretty misunderstood as a player. He's not one to organise the game. Let him run up and down the sideline and kick the long passes in and he'll do that better than anyone else in the world, but somehow people got it into their heads that he was one to organise a game and pull the tactical strings.. and that, he cant.

Yea. Im not saying I like him as a person, but he was pretty misunderstood as a player. He's not one to organise the game. Let him run up and down the sideline and kick the long passes in and he'll do that better than anyone else in the world, but somehow people got it into their heads that he was one to organise a game and pull the tactical strings.. and that, he cant.
I agree.

Beckham was the great 'himself' at Man United alone. He was improperly used, and even slightly damaged at what he did best when he went to Real Madrid. He isn't a Central Midfielder and they shouldn't have used him there. Even Beckham shouldn't have considered it an 'opportunity to expand his game'. It basically made things worse for his international play as well.

I'm basically a United fan, tbh. I'm excited about them winning this year.

@s_a_o: Your new avatar resembles one of my older ones. I had a very similar candleflame from a very similar angle :)

I agree.

Beckham was the great 'himself' at Man United alone. He was improperly used, and even slightly damaged at what he did best when he went to Real Madrid. He isn't a Central Midfielder and they shouldn't have used him there. Even Beckham shouldn't have considered it an 'opportunity to expand his game'. It basically made things worse for his international play as well.

I'm basically a United fan, tbh. I'm excited about them winning this year.

@s_a_o: Your new avatar resembles one of my older ones. I had a very similar candleflame from a very similar angle :)

@ Konrad + Cryptal -- I definitely agree about Beckham. You put it in words that I couldn't explain :) I think the era of Beckham is over, though. Sure he's coming to play with LA Galaxy, but I don't think it's going to be the best thing for his career. If anything, it'll benefit the American Soccer League more.

Ah, yes, it reminds me very much of Opeth which is why I chose it.