SPRUNJE.COM - New music social networking site

Star Ark

Apr 6, 2010
Melbourne
Thought I'd mention a new music social networking site that just popped up on the net.

Sprunje.com

The only reason I'm pointing it out is because 2 of my best friends are the ones who created it. It's so new in fact it started yesterday.

Maybe a good chance for exposure if you're one of the first bands to sign up. I'm not sure what they have in mind promotion wise but I do know they have set aside $25,000 to get it going. Make an account, I was a beta tester and now it is officially open it seems to run perfectly. It took me a couple of minutes to make my account.

I am currently the only artist signed up, that's how new it is.

I 100% agree about the name

It is pretty stupid

It's based on some villians from Futurama who 'sprunje' for infomation

Difference from Bandcamp is that is has social networking and options for forums.

I think it is like Last Fm with a larger emphasis on selling music but without the radio feature.

Honestly for me it does nothing, I give my music away for free, but I know they researched the competition for a long time and tried to come up with a better system for how much money the artist gets. If you sell your music it may be worth starting up an account and directing fans to Spunje.

To make a band page you have to sign up as normal and then start a group. That is another thing that could be a little bit hard to understand, hopefully they will sort that out.

They have been planning this for 18 months or so, I really hope it kick ass for them. And because it is so new it will be easy to stand out as an artist if it takes off