SSD Player Question.

crosstalk

Oct 14, 2007
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it and I can't access the SSD website/forum for some reason.

Is it at all possible to remove certain samples from an instrument? For example, say I load up a snare in the player and for the song I don't need any of the soft hits. Can I remove just the soft hits? When I reopen a session, I don't want to have to wait while all of the unused hits load. Something like hi-hats takes forever!

I've been trying everything with the player and it seems what you see is what you get.

Thanks.

Have you tried the Purge feature on the top? That might help. The website is probably down because SSD3.5 is about to be put up methinks.

Have you tried the Purge feature on the top? That might help. The website is probably down because SSD3.5 is about to be put up methinks.

I've tried Purge, but it just gets rid of all samples. Unless I missing something. :)

Edit: I was missing something. Purge gets rid of all the samples, but then hitting "Update Sample Pool" seems to load only the samples needed on the current midi track. Now my hi-hat that I'm only using for a drum beat in place of a click went from using 70mb to 240kb. Nice!

Thanks!