Quick question about drum programming...

Full on at first, then go through and 'humanize' after. For fills and accents it helps to play drums or study a drummer obviously...for instance snare rolls are often times hard hit / soft hit / medium hit / soft hit type of thing etc.

im more interested in the "intervals" of midi velocities between hits
i dont know if im saying this correctly...i mean if a snare hit is 100(for example)...
the next should be "X (lower or higher)" for the sake of not sounding like a robot

I've taken a look at the velocities of the Toontrack and AD patterns and they're pretty all over. I'd start there or maybe see if anyone on here who programs/plays their own triggered kits will share some of their MIDI tracks.

Does Slate provide a breakdown of what the velocity thresholds are for triggering each of his samples with SSD 3.0? This would help greatly as I'm soon to buy it! (well, whenever 3.5 EX is released, anyway)

Does Slate provide a breakdown of what the velocity thresholds are for triggering each of his samples with SSD 3.0? This would help greatly as I'm soon to buy it! (well, whenever 3.5 EX is released, anyway)

I'm interested in this too. I had a track programmed in AD and when I put it through SSD, the slightly softer than 127 hits were way too soft. It seems like it goes from one extreme to the other. This well may be user error though.