SSD Troubles

iraobryan

Jul 7, 2009
It's been a long time since I've attempted to use Slate, and I was never good with it anyway, but I'm having some trouble. Every time I restart the song, in Reaper, all adjustments I made to the multi are gone. Why does it keep returning to the default volumes for the instruments on the kit? I saved the multi and reloaded, same problem...

Reaper troubles may have been more appropriate for the title.

Crisis averted...found a setting that got rid of it after some searching. Thanks for looking anyway!

Haha, I bet everyone has been stumped by this issue at SOME point. I know I have when I wrote my drumtracks and stuff in guitar pro and exported the midi.

I am stuck with this issue at the moment :Spin:
Could you please tell me how you did ?
I do export the guitar pro midi and use reaper as well.

Cheers.

If it's the midi-controllerthing I expect it is, this solves it for me:
When you write a miditrack in guitar pro, leave the first bar empty. When you export it and import it into reaper, in normal multitrackview you will see that there is something on that first silent bar (looks like there is a midinote there or something), eventough you don't see anything when you view it in pianoroll (at least I don't). This is some controller info that probably triggers volume and instrument and stuff like that in guitar pro... don't know what it does really. It messes with midi plugins though; probably because they interpret that information in a way that isn't intended by you.
Anyway, just cut the part before your actual midinotes start away, and everything should work like it is supposed to :)

I'm sure there is some way to just remove the midi info from the export, but I never bothered to find it haha.
EDIT: Looks like Mindmunch DID. Thanks mate, didn't know that yet :)

I am stuck with this issue at the moment :Spin:
Could you please tell me how you did ?
I do export the guitar pro midi and use reaper as well.

Cheers.

A quick way to do this is:

-Open the track on the Reaper MIDI editor (where you can see the notes)
-Press Alt+3 to switch to the event list view (instead of the piano roll)
-Click on the first event of the list, hold shift, click on the last event before the first "NOTE" event. Delete.

Now you deleted all the MIDI controller crap that GuitarPro puts right at the beggining of every track.