Using SSD and S2.0 Together in Pro Tools

Timelesseer

New Metal Member
May 30, 2009
Cross Lanes, WV
Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble setting up SSD and S2.0 to work at the same time. Basically, what I'm wanting to do is use SSD for the shell pieces and S2.0 for my Overheads and Room mics. I have them both setup for multi-out, and have removed the things I don't need from each program (kicks, snares, toms in S2.0 and Cymbals in SSD) but the problem I'm having is when I try to set the multi-outs on my Aux tracks for SSD, It won't let me choose the Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, etc. tracks, it defaults them to Superior's outs (S3/4.1 for snare, S7/8.1 for Tom 1, etc.) It's not making much sense to me as to why I can't have SSD set with it's multi-outs and S2.0 set it's own way. I figured I'd have to have two seperate MIDI regions, one for the shells and one for the cymbals, but I can't even get the routing to work...

Anybody here running the two together at the same time, or know how I can get this setup?

Thanks

They are on separate tracks. I had a Multi-out template for each one but when I put the two together, they won't work with each other. I think having pictures would help explain the problem I'm having, I'll take some screen shots here in a bit.

I know that, the MIDI isn't the problem, the routing of the multi-outs is. The kick triggers for SSD but it won't let me assign the I/O on the SSD Snare and Tom tracks to the right Kontakt outputs. It's defaulting them to Superior's Snare and Tom outputs.

Okay, I think I finally got it set up correctly. I had to make a brand new template and set up SSD first and then go in and set up S2.0 after SSD was done. Kind of a pain that I couldn't just re-route after importing my two templates, but oh well, problem solved. Thanks for the tips anyway guys.