M-audio profire 610...help needed!!!

guarino88

New Metal Member
Sep 23, 2008
hi, lately i've been having some troubles with my audio configuration, i'm using an M-audio profire 610 via a firewire hub (pci card) and when i try to record something in any DAW (nuendo, cubase, reaper, etc) the audio device just crash and i can't record anymore until i restart the pc, but when i open the m-audio control panel i can see signal coming thru but i can't record anything and the audio its dead.

This is my configuration: Intel i5, 4gb ram (3 gb OS 32 bits), the firewire hub its an IOGEAR guf-320 (PCI CARD) WINDOWS XP sp 3 (clean)

Maybe some of you guys got this problem, i really don´t know the source of the problem...and i would appreciate some help...

Thanks in advance....

might be your pci card. check in the manual I think they recommend using chip-set based on texas instruments PCI 1394.

Thanks for the responce!!!! yes, i think that its my pci card, this is what i have: http://www.iogear.com/product/GUF320/ and i running into an intel motherboard whit intel i5 processor...maybe someone can recommend me a good pci firewire card for my configuration...please....

Thanks!!!

hi guys, i bought a Lacie firewire card and it works flawless!!! You guys rule so f*cking much!!!! TI Chipsets are awesome!!! Thanks for your response xturbox...awesome!!!