M-audio Profire 610

Mashreef

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2012
Chittagong,Bangladesh
one of my friend is selling M-audio Profire 610 with 300$
he brought it from Usa with 500$ 4 weeks before
Should i go for it??? is there any M-audio user??
Im not using any D.i box ... i hope this audio interface wont need one..
or will it... God im so confused help me out people

You will only have 2 analog inputs extra on this one. I own a profire 2626, and am pretty happy about it. The octane preamps and profire's convertors are pretty good they say. I also own a fast-track. (bought it when my my profire was in repair) Basicly for playback and mixing stuff, i couldnt notice a difference between em. Never actually recorded anything with it, couldnt even do reamping with the fast-track. If you have no intentions to actually recording/micing stuff. I think you should do fine with your fasttrack. Otherwise go for the profire, if he lowers his price. Some US online stores sell it for 250$ new.

I own a Fast Track Pro and Profire 2626.

No complaints about either.

The FTP is great for at home use and it is always sitting at my desk for quick, easy recording.

If you really need more inputs, go bigger.

The one thing I did notice about FTP vs. 2626 is the FTP seems noisier.

The 610 will be a noticeable upgrade in quality. The Profire range converters are definitely a step (or 3) up, and the preamps as well unless they use the Octane pres in the FTP (I'm pretty sure they don't).

Odd. I see some people using 2626's reporting same issue in that thread, never had that problem with mine.