SSL announches new Alphalink MX

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
http://www.solidstatelogic.com/news/article.asp?ID=453&T=M

Seems very nice...unfortunatelly there are 2 versions: 16 in / 4 out or 4 in / 16 out...
I think both versions are a little limitative and they you can take advantage from them only if you daisy chain 2 interfaces.
If you mainly do mixing the 4in/16out could be enough...
Alphalink AX is still better in my opinion...don't know anything about the MX quality at the moment.

This could be exactly what I've been looking for. I'd had my eye on either a Crane Song HEDD or a Lynx Aurora. The only thing I still worry about is if the quality of the AD/DA is up to the level of Crane Song or Lynx... I don't see how it can be for less than half the price.

This could be exactly what I've been looking for. I'd had my eye on either a Crane Song HEDD or a Lynx Aurora. The only thing I still worry about is if the quality of the AD/DA is up to the level of Crane Song or Lynx... I don't see how it can be for less than half the price.

I haven't compared the lynx and the SSL but the SSL is great. Noticed quite a big difference between the DA of the Digi003. Im sure that if you can't get great recording out of the SSL then you can't blame the ad/da haha. Michael Wagener has the older Soundscape converters which the SSL are based on.