St Petersburg growl fest

Daniel L. said:
if u guys don´t stop fighting i will be forced to take u on a roadtrip: st.petersburg - moscow....100 times, and by bus! here is the tricky part: u have to be absloute shit drunk on the tripp to moscow and totaly hung over on the way back st.petersburg....oh, and Opeth rules!

Anyway my shoes is more camou than urs on this ground, Daniel!

boots.jpg

.....and what da hell is in ur "now playing"? i mean this PSP... Pony Slay Phashion or what?

...and let's opeth rulez

Blakkheim said:
yeah ronnie (.com) our dear soundman celebrated his 30:th birthday as well....

there's plenty of reasons, but one being that playing one entire song from each album (especially if u include the mini cd's) would steal too much playingtime from the rest of important songs in the set. Next time we'll play, it's time to focus on the brand new material off the new album and in between those, also try the remaining songs from discouraged ones - viva emptiness we havent ever considered playing live nor rehearsed.

from the pre-brave murder day period, a medley of the highlights is a fair move and should be just as exciting for us to play as for u to hear...

anywayz, keep suggesting! we're listening...

Great idea, man. The remaining songs from DO to VE it's interesting, songs like Saw you drown, A darkness coming, Will I arrive... hard work you will have to choose!!!!
And for the pre-brave period, it's really interesting make medley of the bests!
But my suggestion are 2 songs: Rainroom-Cold ways.

Decide what you want, for sure it will be an amazing future shows!!!

From a darkness city, I will wait for the next show. Last time it was great, next will be definitly!!!! :headbang:

my suggestions:

- drop Wealth and Sleeper
- play a medley of Brave and Murder at the end
- include Strained
- A Darkness Coming as an encore

so the setlist wood look like:

Ghost Of The Sun
Criminals
- new song -
Tonight's Music
Strained
- new song -
Complicity
Sweet Nurse
Deadhouse
Future Of Speech
- new song -
Evidence
Brave/Murder
--------------
A Darkness Coming

The idea of a medley pre BMD era is really fine and exciting!

As for the other material, I think "evidence" , "chrome" , "black sessions" and "murder" should remain in the setlist because they have a great drive for a live situation.

I honestly would like to hear a "discouraged ones" section in the middle of the show, featuring "I break", "deadhouse", "cold ways", "stalemate" & "saw you drown"!!!! :)

As I already mentioned once:
There should be a whole Katatonia-Night ... or a ... completely new kind of event where they play 2 or 3 days at the same place and every evening other songs... :loco:
I know that's a stupid idea *sigh* ... but that would be the only possibility to see as much songs as possible live and which would make everyone happy ...
...and I personally would like to see all songs live ... there's none I wouldn't want to hear...

And now back to reality *cough* ... a medley would be great =)

Hypnos said:
my suggestions:

- drop Wealth and Sleeper
- play a medley of Brave and Murder at the end
- include Strained
- A Darkness Coming as an encore

so the setlist wood look like:

Ghost Of The Sun
Criminals
- new song -
Tonight's Music
Strained
- new song -
Complicity
Sweet Nurse
Deadhouse
Future Of Speech
- new song -
Evidence
Brave/Murder
--------------
A Darkness Coming

haha....3 new songs?
that would be rediculous.....they are not doing shows to feature LFDGD or BMD or even VE anymore....they have a whole new fekkin CD...and that with as much of the other stuff is what I want to hear....just my opinion.....but I thought your was not well thought out.

BloodySwan said:
As I already mentioned once:
There should be a whole Katatonia-Night ... or a ... completely new kind of event where they play 2 or 3 days at the same place and every evening other songs... :loco:

That instantly made me think of a duble show.. where the first night could be a special gig with the Brave Yester Days.. and the second one to be the standard newera show..

so sweet to think about, huh ?

Blakkheim said:

there's plenty of reasons, but one being that playing one entire song from each album (especially if u include the mini cd's) would steal too much playingtime from the rest of important songs in the set. Next time we'll play, it's time to focus on the brand new material off the new album and in between those, also try the remaining songs from discouraged ones - viva emptiness we havent ever considered playing live nor rehearsed.

from the pre-brave murder day period, a medley of the highlights is a fair move and should be just as exciting for us to play as for u to hear...

ok, let's suggest!

it would be very nice for many fans to see you play more that the usual 1 or 1&1/4 hour, so why won't you play a 2 hours gig?

you could then play more of the old albums and still play the new stuff...

just suggesting! :headbang:

100 times in a bus from St. Pet to Moscow and back... sounds like a torment the devil himself couldn't invent for his fav sinners:)) I made it four times and have to admit that Opeth sucks... LOL Actually it sucks when you drive to St.Pet and when you re on your way back it rocks as hell! Got that? If not ask Daniel!

Blakkheim said:

I like the idea of an old songs medley!!! (already making it in my head... :headbang: ) Although each of those songs has their own individual beauty and should not be cut off I'm sure you will manage to put this medley together without hurting the songs too much. It will be very interesting to hear!!! But Without God HAS TO BE full length, it's such a killer!
Of the newer songs I would love to hear Sulfur and Will I Arrive. And THE WHOLE new album :)
How about rehearsing as many songs as possible and playing a slightly different set every evening? Fans who come to every gig would appreciate this very, very, much ;)

BTW, a late CHEERS to Ronnie for his birthday... :kickass: :wave: :)