Stalingrad 2004

Embla

Liten
Oct 24, 2002
www.popkultur.se
Ah you boys and girls don't know what amazing goodies are headed your way! I just heard a song signed Dagge and I'm normally not too easily impressed by music made within the family :) But Dagge rockar fetfett :headbang:

Thanks for the kind words
It´s called Volgograd nowdays ( am i right Ivan ? )
But the lyrics deals with the battle of Stalingrad remember that one ?
I don´t know what kind of lyrics Dan will write for it. "Rock the firehood all nite long " ?:D

That battle was pretty cruel from what I've heard...generals telling the soldiers to just run towards the enemy and grab a gun from a dead man if they see one.

EEEk! I must be bloody slow today... writing half-thought-through stuff (see opeth/EOS) and misunderstanding other posts... I thought you meant that they call the SONG Stalingrad... I think I'll crawl back under my rock (ROCK!! :headbang: ) now. *sigh* I need some sherry!

To avoid any more confusion. "Stalingrad" is a song i wrote 22 years ago with a Swedish lyric. It´s written around the same time as the bulk of "Eternal". It´s one of the 10 songs we have for the new N.G album "Invisible". Mabye Dan diggs deep in his historybooks and write a new one about the same battle or mabye we call it something else.

Hi there..

It's possible that me or my lyric co-writer for "Invisible" Mr. Maxus will go with the original concept of "Stalingrad", I love the title and to us in the band it will always be "Stalingrad" anyway. My other idea was to go with the submarine distaster of Kursk to keep the Russian undertones of the music alive. But maybe there's moer to be said about the battle of Stalingrad than about Kursk, we don't know much what really went on there below the surface, do we???

I will save the "Rock the firehood" for my new soloalbum using my Danny Cobra stagename...ehhrrrr

Gurgelguff said:
Thanks for the kind words
It´s called Volgograd nowdays ( am i right Ivan ? )

exactly! you absolutly right... This town been found in 16th century and called Tzaricin (from Tzar word), in 1925 it was renamed into Stalingrad and after was renamed into Volgograd back in 1961. Most historians think that battle of Stalingrad (17 july 1942 - 2 feb 1943) was the central battle in WWII and was crucial moment in that war. Germanian-Iltalian commanding lost 1,5 millions ppl (800.000 been killed) that was 1/4 of all forces on Soviet/Germany fronts.