Stand up and be counted,America.

saxonfan

Oct 10, 2002
CHICAGO,IL,U.S.A.
Visit site
There has got to be more than 10 American fans on this forum.No one expects everyone to make a post all the time.I would like to see how many American fans are out there.Those who don't usually post,please post at least once on this thread,give Saxon and others a chance to see how many of us there are.If there are only 10 to 20 fans here,maybe this could be part of the reason they can't come over.Just tell us where your from and how long you've been listening.Thanks.................I've been listening to Saxon since 1984,Crusader.Saw there video Just Let Me Rock.Blown away by Nigel's drums on that track.I started buying there other cassettes(yes tapes,also vinyl).Saw them for the first time live on Rock the Nations tour.I was hooked ever since.I'm glad they're still around.I hope they stay playing another 10 yrs,I have hopes that my son (almost 3 years old now)will get a chance to see my heroes,and witness one of the greatest bands ever.Long live Saxon!!!

currently in Ohio, been following Saxon since '81- Denim and Leather... saw them in San Antonio with Molly Hatchet... great show...

-Imp

Toronto Ontario Canada here. this board probably isnt a good measure of the fanbase. lots of Diehards are probably at a point where they dont surf the boards but would love a chance to see the band live. My big Brother introduced me to the band by purchasing EHLlive, Power and glory and the Nitemare EP, he basically passed his albums down to me when he stopped listening to metal and ive been a metal fan ever since. First time i ever saw what the guys in the band looked like was back in the day when i saw the Back on the Streets video on Canadian TV when i was a kid. i think its time i see the band live finally.

as biffs sang in destructions alliance of hellhoundz

"denim and leather, was our second skin"

Impenitent said:
... saw them in San Antonio with Molly Hatchet... great show...

-Imp

Wow – Saxon and Molly Hatchet together !! What a great gig !! Perhaps Rainer Hansel could sort something out and get them to Tour together in the US and Europe ! Both Saxon and MH are with SpV Records so perhaps that is a start !!

I’ve seen Molly Hatchet many many times in Europe and they roooooccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk !!

Here are some photos of Phil, Bobby and the Boys !

Cheers,

Goss.

Currently in San Antonio, Texas. I first heard Saxon while in 7th grade, a buddy of mines older brother had wheels of steel. I have been a fan ever since.

The first time I saw saxon was at the Long Beach Arena opening for Maiden, with Fastway in support. I have now seen them a total of 37 times in many different Countries/States.

I live in New Jersey obviously and have been a Saxon fan since my friend Mike introduced me to them way back in the very early 80's (80-81 or so) and was lucky to see them on Long Island,NY and had tickets to 3 different gigs prior to them canceling the tour.

I hold nothing against the band, hope they can make it here and if they do? i'll be there. I don't know if it's visa issues, logistics, not money in touring here, lack of desire or what? but hold nothing against them.

Long time New England Saxon fan here. Early days of MTV was fortunate enough to catch Midnight Rider, Strong Arm of the Law and Princess of the Night videos when they were trying to fill up 24 hours a day. First record was Strong Arm of the Law and well the rest is history. Growing up ,I was Pretty much the only guy i knew that liked Saxon.In fact I had a Saxon poster on my wall and would always get a little shit for it:lol:

Stopped buying the newer music from Destiny on, for various reasons, but picked up Lionheart after reading so many reviews on it and was blown away. Classic Saxon will always be the Saxon that means the most to me but the newer music proves they havent lost a thing and are still making great metal music:headbang:

welcome back fred b your lucky you have a really good back catologue to buy... in a way i wish i was listening to unleash the beast,metal"fucking"head,killing ground for the first time again ""happy times ""

Way ahead of yeah Tim, Once I was blown away by Lionheart I went backwards and picked up all the 90s releases i missed out on. Metalhead and Unleash I really like, but Killing Ground was a bit of a disappointment.

I would like to say hi to everyone from Batavia Ohio. The first time I saw Saxon was in 1984, I was stationed at Dyess AFB Abilene TX.. I was a crew chief on B52 bombers at the time. They played in Abilene with Accept and Fastway what a great show ( it was also the only rock show worth talking about while I was there) I have been hooked every since. Let’s see, I have seen them two, or three times here in Cincinnati. I was going to go see them last November in Cleveland but they didn’t make it. But if they do sail to America, I for one will be there.

I first saw Saxon with Riot in 1981 at the Glens Falls Civic Center in Upstate New York.I was blown away so I busted in backstage and got my program autographed by the whole band.I saw them again in 1984 at a local club but not again for 22 years.Looking forward to a couple of shows when they land again.In 1978,I was at the local record shop when in comes Molly Hatchet for a promo session.I bought their first album and had it signed,it was the first of some 300 signed pieces I have collected since.Steve

Paxoman said:
Read what Nigel said about touring the states on one of the other threads where somebody posted an update from Nigels own website.

Well, reading what Nigel said is one of the reasons why I thought they couldn't which is money. The bottom line isalways money and it's not fiscally possible for them to do so. I remember when I met the guys in 02 that they said they really weren't making much of anything and I thanked them for playing here but it's just not prudent under those circumstances and again, like my previous post, I understand 100 % and wouldn't hold anything against them.

The promoters are the problem along with the record companies too. I emailed the webmaster a dozen times on the RIOT board about playing a gig or two in NY or NJ and he told me that the record company is only paying them something like $250.00 per/man I think per gig:rolleyes:

He told me with those prices and if the band went out on the road for a significant period of time, they'd come home to an empty house, no electric etc.etc. and they're from the NYC area too o_O

Well, i'm flying over in Dec for Maiden so if saomeone can ask the boys to set up a gig on either Dec 16 or 19th that would be great :p

Live in Seattle I have been a fan since 1980 I saw them twice on Power and the Glory tour and Crusader tour the last time they came up with this way was on Unleash The Beast" and when I went to purchase a ticket they canceled damn I was pissed so I know how all the American fans feel and I understand were the band is coming from also nice to meet you all

I'm from New Jersey.... a small town near Outerbridge Crossing to Staten Island. Been Saxon fan since 84. Saw Destiny tour in 88 in Brooklyn and UTB in 98 and Metalfest in 2002. I'd see them again if they came to NY/NY area. Lionheart was great! I request Saxon on WSOU 89.5FM anytime they have a metal format going. Cheers!

I've been a HUGE fan since 1980 when I first bought Wheels Of Steel. I saw them in the States for the Crusader and Innocence tours (I think) and then not again until Unleash The Beast. Since then, I've seen them 4 or 5 times and had tickets to 3 shows last November.

Although I am sure they probably lose money every time they come over, the guys were always willing to spend extra time meeting the fans after the gigs!

I'll just keep hoping they'll be able to come back soon and kick ass once again!

mveneck said:
I'm from New Jersey.... a small town near Outerbridge Crossing to Staten Island. Been Saxon fan since 84. Saw Destiny tour in 88 in Brooklyn and UTB in 98 and Metalfest in 2002. I'd see them again if they came to NY/NY area. Lionheart was great! I request Saxon on WSOU 89.5FM anytime they have a metal format going. Cheers!

NJ in the house :kickass:

Big fan living in PA now, got into Saxon around '84 when I was living in NYC & hanging out at a record shop... saw Saxon in Old Bridge, NJ April '98 on the UTB tour which was an amazing experience!

liama said:
Currently in San Antonio, Texas. I first heard Saxon while in 7th grade, a buddy of mines older brother had wheels of steel. I have been a fan ever since.

The first time I saw saxon was at the Long Beach Arena opening for Maiden, with Fastway in support. I have now seen them a total of 37 times in many different Countries/States.
37 times??? I salute you.