Stand up and be counted,America.

saxon should do a joint tour with someone like motorhead, priest or maiden coupled with some of their own gigs. that would be the best option, they would play big venues, cover the country more, get bigger fans and everything would be already sorted out for them by the band they are supporting

Another N.J. Saxon fan.The first time they opened for Triumph at the Palladium in NYC(RIP)i believe it was 81,but the ultimate came at a small little club in Passaic,NJ called Hitsville,Frank Marino opened and the boys played about 2 1/2 hours,can't remember many details from 25 years ago but i know it was in my top 5,this was a dance club with a very low ceiling and i remember Biff popping holes in the ceiling.I was holding tickets for the Morristown show last year as i beilieve my NJ brethren on here were also.Let's hope they get here soon.
Cheers

Im from Canada myself, and I really feel like the young one here since i'm only 16, but i am a big metalhead for years ever since my uncle got me started on black sabbath, then i moved to priest and maiden, and saxon was one of the most recent bands i've gotten into (started listening to saxon about 2 years ago) and they now rate as one of my favourite bands. Its a shame they probably wont make it over to north america but if they're still rocking in a few years I might be able to go over to europe and catch a show.

mveneck said:
I'm from New Jersey.... a small town near Outerbridge Crossing to Staten Island. Been Saxon fan since 84. Saw Destiny tour in 88 in Brooklyn and UTB in 98 and Metalfest in 2002. I'd see them again if they came to NY/NY area. Lionheart was great! I request Saxon on WSOU 89.5FM anytime they have a metal format going. Cheers!
Any luck getting them played when you make these requests??I have tried a few times on our Chicago stations,never even once did they get played,I'm sure most stations don't have their music.

rock bottom said:
Another N.J. Saxon fan.The first time they opened for Triumph at the Palladium in NYC(RIP)i believe it was 81,but the ultimate came at a small little club in Passaic,NJ called Hitsville,Frank Marino opened and the boys played about 2 1/2 hours,can't remember many details from 25 years ago but i know it was in my top 5,this was a dance club with a very low ceiling and i remember Biff popping holes in the ceiling.I was holding tickets for the Morristown show last year as i beilieve my NJ brethren on here were also.Let's hope they get here soon.
Cheers

I had tix to Double D's in Morristown, BB Kings and the Sterling Hotel in PA.

anyone had plans on seeing them in Cleveland?? beachland ballroom was the venue, ill be heading there in a few weeks to check out "Blue Cheer", hopefully all works out with Saxon playing there soon, its a doable 4 1/2 drive from Toronto

EarthSkynSea said:
anyone had plans on seeing them in Cleveland?? beachland ballroom was the venue, ill be heading there in a few weeks to check out "Blue Cheer", hopefully all works out with Saxon playing there soon, its a doable 4 1/2 drive from Toronto
Now thats a name I haven't heard in a while.sounds like it should be a good show.

EarthSkynSea said:

EarthSkySea, if they play Cleveland I will buy you the first round. its a doable 4 houe drive from Cincinnati.

Yeah I have been a Saxon fan since I saw them in Minneapolis in 1985. The show was killer (even though I was a kid!) Didn't see them again until 1998 in Cincinnati on the UTB tour. That tour in '98 completely blew away anything they had done before. Unfortunately, the last 8 years they have been cancelling US shows left and right, and I have never been able to see them since. Just a side note; I only was able to see Glockler once because when I saw them in '98 Fritz Randow had already replaced Glocker at that time.

Another U.S Saxon fan here...in Dallas. Been patiently waiting for them to come back for a Texas visit. Wish they would hurry. Have most of their albums and have been keeping up with them since 1984. Met the band and got autographs/photos in Dallas when they toured for Unleash the Beast (thanks guys!). Also saw the Innocence tour in Dallas. Hope they make the US tour a reality!!!!!!!!

New Jersey in the HOUSE!!!! :kickass:

I've seen the band twice. I was in Long Island along with Golden Goose and RayM back in 2002 for the Killing Ground tour. And I also saw them the night before at the NJ Metalfest. BOTH NIGHTS KICKED ASS!!!! Goose, Ray and I meet the band and hung out with them for about 2 hours.

I haven't been here in quite awhile. The band's been kinda in a holding pattern lately. Well it appears that way IMO. But I heard they were releasing a LIVE album this month so HERE I AM!!

A US tour would be great. But I ain't holding my breath.

To saxonfan in Chicago - WSOU - NJ has the Eagle Has Landed II album and usually plays a random song from it when I call in a request. I figure that's the only Saxon album they have because they seem to only play songs from that album.

As for the Birch Hill Nighclub, the owners sold it in 2004 and it is now crashed down and rebuilt into a retirement home community. Too bad because it was close to home for me and they usually had good 80s/90s metal bands like Quiet Riot, Warrant, Ratt, Joan Jett, Savatage, Mike Tramp of White Lion, Bent Brother, etc...

As for attendance, I've never seen a Saxon show in USA that had more that 100 in the audience. Destiny in 88, Lamour had more people working at the club than customers. UTB in 98 at Birch Hill maybe had 100. Metalfest in 2002 probably had a thousand, but festivals attract larger audiuences and Saxon was second from the top for Daimondhead.

I wish it were different but I can understand why it is not finacially feasible for a small US tour of 10 or 12 shows. I don't see how they would earn enough to cover airfare for 5 band members and 5 roadies, not to mention tourbus rental food and beer.

I'm looking forward to the new songs!

-Mike

Never underestimate advertising costs. Plenty of shows i would have gone too, if I ever knew about them. UFO played a half hour from my house and i found out when i was checking there tour dates on line. I missed it by about a month. A lot of fans out there are older and have other stuff going on too check web sites every day. Most fans from the classic years probally dont even know they still tour and put out records. Youd need to get the word out and im sure that can add to the costs:loco:

Northeast Ohio here (west suburbs of Cleveland). Yep, I had tickets to the show at the Beachland Ballroom. VERY sad they had the visa issue and couldn't play. I saw them a few years back at Peabody's Down Under with Breaker (I posted the set list on this board the day after the show.) I also saw them in '85 (Innocence) at the Variety Theater and in '87 (Rock the Nations) at the Phantasy Theater. I actually have 2nd row pics of that show somewhere. If I come across them, I'll scan and post.

Another New Jersey connection... I grew up in Lake Hopatcong and still have family in North Bergen. :kickass:

Rick in San Jose , Ca here. I was all set for the show in Santa Clara, about 2 minutes from where my family lived for 30 years, but as we all know the tour went up in flames.................................:mad: