Stargazer - The Scream that Tore the Sky

Listening to this album now, pretty rad shit. Bit of a throwback, but it's cool.

OI! JAYKEELEY! 'ave 'ou 'eard 'his 'et? You'd probably dig it. Sort of an Exit to Eternity vibe. Sorta.

Probably one of my favorite bands, absolutly stunning writting ability and perfect fretless bass.

And Decadant, fuck you for seeing them live.

I think that the initial song, the instrumental opener, blows the rest of the album out of the water. But I still need to listen to it A LOT more. Gotta get that death mood back again.

It does that at first, yeah, but you absolutely need to involve yourself in the album, and be really attentive to it. 2 dozen or so spins so far and I'm only just scratching the surface, as usual. But there's lots of crazy shit, like how the 5th song "Harbinger" is actually the outro "All That Is", played backwards. And some of those bass progressions in Insomniate Vortex and Ye Olde Magicks are fucking profound.

I think seeing them live may have opened it up a bit for me too. They had amazing production, and it was all-encompassing, so it was pretty hard to miss the nuances of the songs.