Starwood

Psychonaut

God Of Emptiness
Nov 29, 2002
Second left after Wal-Mart
Visit site
Apparently Lizzy Borden have reinvented themselves and renamed themselves Starwod and just released an album on Metal Blade Records today. There is an mp3 on the Metal Blade site. I think it sucks. I hate seeing some of my old favorites release stuff like this. It sounds like old, rehashed lounge band rock and roll. Pity.

Lounge band rock & roll? If by that you mean stuff in the vein of Jet and all those new "rock & roll" bands, then I'll be giving it a miss. :(

At least they had the sense to change their name so as to not ruin the Lizzy Borden name with a bad release. I wish more bands would do that...

Trixxi Trash said:
Lounge band rock & roll? If by that you mean stuff in the vein of Jet and all those new "rock & roll" bands, then I'll be giving it a miss. :(
I just got the STARWOOD disc, I have given it one good spin & will give it a few more before I give you guys my verdict...:p
I don't understand why, people had such a hard on for LIZZY BORDEN?:erk: There wasn't anything goin' on vocally, the band was average at best & the lyrics were weak. In all, you have an average 80's hair metal band, with second rate Alice Cooper meets WASP theatrics!!!!!!:tickled:
I did however, think that Deal with the Devil, is was probably the best Borden record I have ever heard. He did ruin the Alice Cooper track, Generation Landslide...:cry:

I also liked Lizzy Borden in the 80's, never thought of them as a hair band. Saw them live in a small club in Belgium back than and they kicked ass !!

sixxswine said:
I did however, think that Deal with the Devil, is was probably the best Borden record I have ever heard. He did ruin the Alice Cooper track, Generation Landslide...:cry:
I agree! I pick that album in a used store thinking: so this is the famous LB and the album everybody talks about. The vocals were mediocre, tha playing not big deal, and the cover of the Coop shameful. $ 10 bucks saved. I'm glad you liked the rest of the album , because I didn't :ill:

Wyvern said:
I agree! I pick that album in a used store thinking: so this is the famous LB and the album everybody talks about. The vocals were mediocre, tha playing not big deal, and the cover of the Coop shameful. $ 10 bucks saved. I'm glad you liked the rest of the album , because I didn't :ill:
You're something else! That's cool. I think the reason I liked that record was for the mere fact that it was, so far away from the old band situation...
No accounting for taste. eh?!:D

sixxswine said:
You're something else! That's cool. I think the reason I liked that record was for the mere fact that it was, so far away from the old band situation...
No accounting for taste. eh?!:D
Thankfully not. Can you imagine a world were everybody had identical taste in everything? :loco:

"Deal with the Devil" is the LB record I like the less :D

The debut album "Love You to Pieces" was a cool Heavy/Speed Metal affair, maybe not mindblowing but damn catchy! :headbang:

Trixxi Trash said:
I think the best ones are Master Of Disguise and Visual Lies...
The first Lizzy record I ever heard was Visual Lies, at the time MTV's HBB was playing the shit out of "Me Against the World." Great track by the way, very comical video clip. That was pure cheese, pure 80's excess & was a bit over the top image wise... I also picked up Master of Disguise, but I didn't much care for that one. Did the instructions enclosed in the cd booklet or cassette booklet, work? I mean, where it asks you to stare at the green dot or was it an eye? Then glance over at a white sheet of paper. It never worked for me, I might have not been doing it right either...

Fangface said:
"Deal with the Devil" is the LB record I like the less :D

The debut album "Love You to Pieces" was a cool Heavy/Speed Metal affair, maybe not mindblowing but damn catchy! :headbang:
Another thing that deterred me from DWTD, was the terrible cover of B.O.C, 'This Ain't The Summer Of Love'. I love that song and that cover was :erk: . Besides someone once said that is something inherintly wrong with a band that put a live album after only one studio album :lol:

So Fang it worth to check the debut?

Wyvern said:
So Fang it worth to check the debut?
It should fit your tastes more than DWTD but I can't guarantee that you'll like it.
Check songs like "American Metal" (live classic!), "Concil for the Cauldron" or "Godiva".

Fangface said:
It should fit your tastes more than DWTD but I can't guarantee that you'll like it.
Check songs like "American Metal" (live classic!), "Concil for the Cauldron" or "Godiva".
I found it very cheap at CDUniverse and checked some samples, is good but the voice is :Smug: Still can go to the one of these days list :D