State of Euphoria

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Who would like to see this very underrated album which was rushed through production given the reboot treatment? Yep the whole album re-recorded and perhaps produced right.

Curious. Whilst I realise the reality of this seeing the light of day is very, very slim (bee's dick chance) I have always been miffed at just how low (volume wise) this album is - and it's one of my favs (first real Anthrax album I got into actually after being introduced to the I'm the Man EP back in 88 or so).

The album has such a low bottom end sound to it.

Thoughts? Crazy (probably)?
:headbang:

I don't know...this is my least favorite Anthrax album along with Fistful and Vol8. Then again, there are great songs Like Be All, End All (my all time fav), Antisocial and Now It's Dark, so why not!:cool:

Who would like to see this very underrated album which was rushed through production given the reboot treatment? Yep the whole album re-recorded and perhaps produced right.

Curious. Whilst I realise the reality of this seeing the light of day is very, very slim (bee's dick chance) I have always been miffed at just how low (volume wise) this album is - and it's one of my favs (first real Anthrax album I got into actually after being introduced to the I'm the Man EP back in 88 or so).

Maybe a simple remixing is all it needs. Bring the volumes up some and then change where the guitar, bass, drums, and vox sit in the mix. I'd start with bringing the guitars higher up in the mix and then maybe trying to tweak Charlie's kick drum a little higher in the mix. I'd say Frankie's bass could be louder too. Otherwise, I'm not sure a re-recording would be necessary. However, it would be fun to hear with todays technology no doubt.

Still, it's painful to listen to songs like "Black Lodge" (the only Thrax ballad worth a damn) and think what Joey could've done with it.
He could have ruined it...that's it.

T:)

I don't like remixed/remastered/re-recorded stuff. Never sounds as good as the originals. Perfect example is the entire Megadeth back catalog that Mustaine butchered. Glad I kept the originals.

As much as I love SOE I think it's def one of their weaker records. Nah, I don't want to see it remastered.... I just want new material. We've had too many remasters, compilations, live outputs, etc since WCFYA. Time for Anthrax 2010.

As much as I love SOE I think it's def one of their weaker records. Nah, I don't want to see it remastered.... I just want new material. We've had too many remasters, compilations, live outputs, etc since WCFYA. Time for Anthrax 2010.

i like your optimism,doubt we'll c a record b4 2012

I'd take a remaster of SOE for sure.

And yes please bring on new Thrax for 2011!

BTW SOWN is perfect as it is. Bush absolutely crushes on that album and POT aside it's Anthrax's most perfect and consistently solid album to date (WCFYA not far behind).

I'd take a remaster of SOE for sure.

And yes please bring on new Thrax for 2011!

BTW SOWN is perfect as it is. Bush absolutely crushes on that album and POT aside it's Anthrax's most perfect and consistently solid album to date (WCFYA not far behind).

SOE and POT are the two weakest Joey-era albums. I still like them though.

I think the whole Anthrax back catalogue should be remastered...All of the tracks on Anthology: No Hit Wonders were remastered and they sound very good!

In my opinion GOTE was a nice job...but other than that I don't want anything re-recorded...enough of that... live CD/DVD/Blu-ray from the shows they did in Australia would be nice though...:)

T:)

TGOTE was an atrocity, just like Exodus rerecording of "Bonded by Blood", I don't need anymore rerecordings from ANTHRAX, not with Joey and not with John I want new stuff!

NOT! Only Joey's vox could make it better. I guess we'll have to make do with the live vids.

What utter shite. I love Joey to pieces but John fitted SOWN perfectly.
:wave:

I like SOE a lot, a couple of duffers, (Now Its Dark, Miisery), but the rest is good, with a couple of their best moments (Be All... and Who Cares Wins). I actually like the production especially on Danny's solo's. I don't know much about the technical side to comment other than they sound good, with a nice bluesy feel.