Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know / I'm not sure

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Christian: orthodox, churchgoing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian: orthodox, non-churchgoing

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
@Arch: off topic question about your signature :p is that guy plintus? coz in some pics I saw him with long hair. ?)
It wasn't Plintus. The slot machine just needs more coins.

I am atheist...
althought i got baptized by tradition and the did the communion (if its the right word?) because most of the people at the small school in my village did. At the time, I was still wondering wether or not there was something out there.
Then when i was 12, my grandpa died of a cancer and the year after my grandma died (i dont know why she died, she wasnt sick or anything... actually i guess she never stood being alone since her husband died the year before). I felt like we still had things to do together: she said that one day she would travel to the northsea with all her grandchildren but we never had time to do it. And at that point i concluded that there was no god.

Since then, i never really got into philosoph either. I am probabily not patient enough to start thinking about myself. I dont know why, but i feel always uncomfortable doing that.

KC said:
I mean, I feel quite enlightened when I'm out in meadows in the sun or under a tree during a storm. Churches have quite a nice feel to me too because of their architecture [...] but I'm definately more impressed by nature.
[...]I do feel quite spiritual if I light some candles
i agree with that. Churches have something that make you feel quiet/impressed/ or like you were out of the crazy world we live in. A dark room with candles can also make that impression.

I am atheist...
althought i got baptized by tradition and the did the communion (if its the right word?) because most of the people at the small school in my village did. At the time, I was still wondering wether or not there was something out there.
Then when i was 12, my grandpa died of a cancer and the year after my grandma died (i dont know why she died, she wasnt sick or anything... actually i guess she never stood being alone since her husband died the year before)...
It's interesting that there are many that stopped believing around 12-14 years of age. I was one of them as well.

It's interesting that there are many that stopped believing around 12-14 years of age. I was one of them as well.

well i stopped wondering... but i never really believed.

Maybe when you get old enough to start understanding how people really are or how the reality is, when you stop being a child and get your own ideas, you realise that the answers to the questions ou ask yourself that you find in religion dont satisfy you enough?

i have been unwillingly discriminatory against Orthodox christians due to the early hour (might be noon, but i just woke up). can you replicate the two 'christian' options for them?
I don't see an Orthodox christian option, where am i supposed to vote? :p

Anyway, i'm an Orthodox, i guess classified as non-churchgoing since i only go to church on Christmas and Easter (mostly because i hate early mornings and the people).
My beliefs are a bit confused though. In the end, i'm not sure what it is that i believe in, i think that there's truth in all religions, that they're trying to see the same thing from different sides. Even though most of my beliefs are still identified with the Orthodox beliefs (i used to be very devout in my teens), i'm not sure where the truth lies on some major issues and i don't know if i'll ever come to a conclusion about this.

I don't think i could ever classify myself as an agnostic though. No offense meant to the agnostics here, but i don't understand it. Of course we cannot know for sure what the truth is, i totally agree with that, but i believe that most people at least tend to consider one of the options more likely than the others. I see agnosticism as a refusal to take sides and to actually (try to) have an opinion.