Statement on a new Age of Silence album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Let me start by saying we have truly been inspired by all the positive feedback we have received on Acceleration, and this has made us want to work on this band even more, and to it give the priority it deserves. As I'm writing this we have nearly completed the songwriting process for our next album, and at this point we are ready to begin the recording process. We're going to make plans to enter the studio at the first available opening as soon as Hellhammer's current touring with Mayhem and Lazare's work on the new Solefald album is finished. Hopefully this will be towards the middle or end of February. The line up will remain the same, but we may invite a few guests this time around just for icing on the cake.

Given the great response we got on Acceleration, it has been a difficult step to start the songwriting process for the new album. The second album from any band is always a hard one to write, especially if the debut was well received, and there are many difficult decisions to make regarding the musical direction of a band for a second album, whether to do more of the same thing that was proven successful, or whether to try something different that may or may not be as well received. And sometimes problems arise when the different members in a band have different opinions on this matter. We have spent several months discussing our future, being creative, writing material, and contributing to each others ideas with input. After careful consideration we have decided we're not going to try to make Acceleration II, and by that I mean that our goal with the new album will not be to improve upon the very same idea or concept that we used for Acceleration. To do this would just be a dead end for us, a one way street that we're not interested taking.

Having said that, the new material sound very promising, but our methods this time will be different, the music will be different, and the sound will be different. It will still be Age of Silence as we all know it, but we hope that those who liked our debut won't expect more of the same, but rather that they are open to new ideas and new musical experiences. The plan is to spend a while in the studio this time around, and we're in no rush to finish. We have written about 12 song ideas and we may or may not end up using all of them, but either way this is going to be great, and everyone who has heard the new material agrees that it's the right step, the next natural step, for Age of Silence.

"Rather than redoing the past, we will look towards the future, and by looking towards the future, our road will lead us to a different past..."

thats amazing.... any chance of a glimpse into the new material in the future, for just us Board-dwellers?

I have to concur with my fellow metalheads. We are looking forward to seeing what new direction Age Of Silence brings forth. As we are looking forward to the new Winds. Both are great bands and I am sure all of us will here will enjoy listening to them both.

Kip is alive and well thank you very much!

WingerTopless.jpg

:D

You guys are crazy. :loco:

Anyway, good news you're progressing to another level rather than just staying the same (which I wouldn't mind as well, but hey! ;)). I'm getting enthousiastic just by the mere thought of another album, keep it up guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.