Statement from Carl August Tidemann regarding Winds tabs:

Nov 19, 2004
Hi everyone! We have received a large number of requests recently from people asking for tabs for our material. We are very appreciative of the interest you all have showed us, and that people want to learn how to play our songs is definitely an inspiration.

I also want to explain the reason why there are no tabs available, at least not officially from us. As you can imagine, the process of creating a Winds album is very time consuming. We don’t use tabs as a method of working within the band, so to start writing tabs for everything we play during the recording process is something that would interrupt our workflow too much to be realistically possible.

The only option would be to sit down after the fact and tab every single note of every single song. When faced with the option of spending our time doing this, or working on material for a new Winds album, the choice for us is pretty clear.

We have recently discussed the tab issue within the band, giving it some serious thought, and we have come to the conclusion that it would be too time-consuming and too interruptive of our regular method of working, and therefore I have to say, unfortunately, that we have no plans to release any official tabs.

We can only recommend searching the Winds forum or the Internet for tabs that other people may have transcribed, and even though we can’t guarantee that they are 100% correct, they will for the most part give you a general idea. Hopefully you will be able to figure it out from there, or from listening to the music.

Thanks again for all the support and interest. We hope you understand.

Sincerely,

Carl August Tidemann

Some rhythm guitar tabs I could understand but people asking for winds tabs for the leads I see it pointless. I don't think anybody on this forum could give justice to the winds lead solos or even play them at all.

morningstar said:
If you can at least describe the tuning you use in your songs, figuring the songs might take less time, even if on a trial-and-error basis. :)

Car'ls guitars are always tuned in E, in other words (EADGBE). He doesn't like to switch tunings on his guitars because it messes with the intonation.

Regards,
Andy

wow are you all serious? Carls tone is incredible...that's why I dig him...but to say his guitar parts are untouchable...MMmmm since I have shared lessons with carl..I for one always new he tuned to E standard..but a good set of ears would have told you all that before your posts...the secret is to get just enough distortion and not to over distort to get his tone..Triaxis baby!!!! His website has some great videos too worth checking out...solos ,MMmm I'd like to have Carls fingers when he is not useing them. heheh!!!

what i meant is i never would have guessed that he only played in standard tuning.

FWIW, I've heard the work in progress, and it's kickin' ass!

Even my old man likes it, so it can't be bad!! :OMG:

Eagerly awaiting the official release!

#1 fan