Guests on the new Winds album

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Earlier this year, more specifically in May, I reconfirmed on the Winds forum after much speculation to the contrary, that we would not have any guests appearing on the new Winds record. At the time I made this statement, it was correct. However, I have to say now, 4 months later, that this is no longer the case.

A lot can change in 4-5 months time, and we honestly had no plans to feature guests on the new records until we realized how diverse the new material was becoming, and so we felt it was suitable to add some new elements to the sound to compliment this diversity.

I can therefore confirm that we will indeed have several guest appearances on the new Winds record, and although it’s too soon to say anything more about who they are at the moment, I think everyone will be quite surprised to learn about it when the time comes.

In the past we have been very selective about who we have invited to be guests on Winds records, in fact, on our last three records combined there has only been one guest, and that was the man behind the spoken voice on the first two albums known only as Drajevolitch.

So our new guests will become members of a very exclusive club, so to speak. I also want to add that we would not have invited guests unless we felt they had something very special to contribute to our music, and we would never have invited guests for the purpose of marketing ploys or to add more famous names to the record or anything like that.

The decision is purely artistic, and I think the end result will justify our change of heart in this matter beyond any doubt.

Regards,
Andy Winter

first post here.

Anyways, thanks Andy for this update.
I now am even more curious about the album.

One favour that I would like to ask of you:
Can you tell us what appearances there will be, or what appearances you have in thought? Vocal or Instrumentwise?

thanks once more

P

Very awesome to hear about the guests. This should be quite the epic album indeed. Any chance I could do a guest appearance? hahaha, I wouldn't have anything to offer to the album besides a really shitty sounding guitar. So yes, I'm just kidding. Can't Wait.

Just a few quick comments:

The guest appearances could be both vocal and instrumental, or in other words, both.

We are exploring the possibility of tabs and sheet music for the new release. Stay tuned for an announcement regarding this some time in the future!

Regards,
Andy

Very cool news Andy, looking forward to hearing who will be adding to the experience of the new album. :headbang:

Thanks for the update... Its insane that you take the time to come on here and explain it to the fans... Is nice, but totally unnecessary :p... Im sure whatever you do will be the best for the music.

ChromeLife said:
Thanks for the update... Its insane that you take the time to come on here and explain it to the fans... Is nice, but totally unnecessary :p... Im sure whatever you do will be the best for the music.

Hi,

Thank you for saying that. I like to come here every now and then through, it's nice to stay connected to you guys, cause believe it or not, coming on here and reading about all your encouragements really does give us a lot of inspiration! I've also had a slow week for a change, so I'm trying to catch up a little on the message boards!

Regards,
Andy

It'd be cool to see a "Thank You" to the members of the Winds Forum on the new album. Maybe even some names. *hint hint* ;)

AnvilSnake said:
It'd be cool to see a "Thank You" to the members of the Winds Forum on the new album. Maybe even some names. *hint hint* ;)

I can promise you that it will never happen! We have never done thank you lists at all on any of the Winds albums, and we're not about to start now.

Nice idea though!

Andy

Andy Winter said:
I can promise you that it will never happen! We have never done thank you lists at all on any of the Winds albums, and we're not about to start now.

Nice idea though!

Andy
Damn... Well, at least I tried :p

I brought this up in a previous thread, but are there any names for the new album kicking around that you might be willing to share with us?

Andy Winter said:
Hi,

Thank you for saying that. I like to come here every now and then through, it's nice to stay connected to you guys, cause believe it or not, coming on here and reading about all your encouragements really does give us a lot of inspiration! I've also had a slow week for a change, so I'm trying to catch up a little on the message boards!

Regards,
Andy

this is good to read, there aren't all that many artisits that stay 'connected'' with the fans. but you do.

I have a lot more respect for artists that take the time to communicate with their fanbase.

so Andy you're a hero in my book.
keep up the good work

greet
P

the2stranger said:
this is good to read, there aren't all that many artisits that stay 'connected'' with the fans. but you do.

I have a lot more respect for artists that take the time to communicate with their fanbase.

so Andy you're a hero in my book.
keep up the good work
P

Hi, thank you for letting me know and for your nice comments! Much appreciated.

Andy

I am more excited to see/hear the Guitar gear! Carl has/had used on the new recordings...I will do a full interview with Carl when due time is ready !! ,,,,,,,,New "WINDS" will be monumental !!!:headbang: :Smokin: ..thanks for the update and the great Music andy !

;)