New Winds Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Hi everyone! So finally we're online with a new forum. Looks pretty nice if I may say so myself (and I do). This came about after our record label said that virtually every band nowadays has a forum, so naturally we could be no different, right? We're definitely going to check in here now and then, but for more urgent matters we can also be reached on our email winds@winds.ws

I have to say that you guys have been great. The new album has gotten some great feedback and some excellent reviews. We are currently in the process of writing as many of you may already know, and even though we have actually done some recording already it will be a while before this one is done. It takes a while to make a Winds record, but we hope everyone will be patient and find it worth the wait.

Some of us (ok, most of us) have also been busy lately with the Age of Silence release (also on The End Records). It's quite a different thing than Winds (to those who thought it sounded the same, I'm sorry but you are just wrong) but I still think some Winds fans will appreciate the music in Age of Silence although it's an acquired taste and probably not for everyone. The response and the reviews on it have been just as amazing as with Winds so we are certainly overwhelmed.

But back to Winds, we were in the studio this past summer and we laid down the drum tracks for the next release. The way we did it this time was to record the drums after composing only the basic groundwork of the tracks, and then we will work on arrangements and develop the material further as things progress. Doing it this way allowed Jan Axel to play in a much more free and more creative manner, which resulted in us venturing into territories we have not explored before as a band, and it also enabled him to portray some drum finesse that he has never manifested to tape before, and that (to be quite honest) I didn't even know he had in him. He impressed the hell out of me and everyone else in the studio, and I think he even blew himself out of the water this time.

There will be 9 tracks on the next Winds release, but even so it will be our longest release to date, so expect some longer songs this time and also expect something a little different than before, as we have worked much more together with the material this time and also taken somewhat of a different direction (at least in our eyes). We're always progressing, we will never do the same thing twice, and we will always change...

Basically everyone in the band has done equally much songwriting (just about) this time, and Lars has even written some of the groundwork this time around, which was done by Carl and myself last time. So to sum it up, I strongly believe the upcoming album will be our most collaborative effort, our most diverse work, and by far our strongest record yet, individually and as a band.

Now all we have to do is to make it first... so expect some quiet before the storm. Thank you all for stopping by.

Respectfully yours,
Andy Winter / Winds

Hi, thanks for all the information... it sounds really promising!

I still remember when I bought Reflections of the I 2 years ago ...it took some time to grow on me, but now it's my favourite classic/metal album ever (and besides that it's got one of the best productions (soundwise) I ever heard). I haven't had the chance to hear or buy the new album yet, but I'll definitely get it when I've got enough money again...it's very high on my priority-list.

Besides, it's nice that you mentioned Age of Silence because I haven't heard of the band for more than half a year and now I'm suddenly reading that the debut album has already been released. Seems like it's another album on my to-get list. :)

thats awesome... can't wait for the new album. I'll sit here and ponder on how it will sound until it comes out.

You guys have been such an inspiration to me, and my fellow band members. Even though the music to them isn't to their cup-o'-tea, it definately has made an impact.

After buying your lastest album, it opened my mind to much more different genres of music, as well as different aspects of playing.

Anyways to end on a high-note, Winds has been a milestone for me, and hopefully will be many more times in the future.

Nice to get an update. I certainly will be awaiting the next superior observation very anxiously. All three releases are outstanding, and I look forward to see how the next album turns out.

On a side note, Tidemann is one of my favorite guitarists on the scene right now - up there with Mattias Eklundh - I hope he, along with the other members, will be posting here every now and then.

Now, I don't give afok what youre up to, and whats the bands name, just make the music ANDY! And when ever you need a Guitarrrist in or on in your band(s), just KALL August. OK?

Nah, nevermind this. Make the music, and all will be fine!
(sorry about the finglish)

Hey there Andy
It is great to hear this news seeing as the latest Winds release has been in my cd player most of the time since its release. It is just a pity that such great music such as this isnt as popular as it should be. Keep up the great work and I cant wait to hear the next Winds offering.

Woah, that sounds really great. I love Jan's drumming (who doesn't anyway) so it should be great to hear how the whole thing will turn out.

Sounds cool. I eagerly await the new album. It's also nice to see that the main record stores are stocking The Imaginary Direction of Time, at least over here in the UK.

Awesome news man! I'm a pretty new fan of Winds...I just got into you guys earlier this year when Imaginary Direction of TIme was being promoted by The End. I can't wait to hear new stuff though, and get reflections of the I as well!

VERY VERY cool! I am eagerly awaiting the next Winds album (though the new one is still relatively fresh in our minds) I'll be on here a lot in the future heh...

Wow. Working on a new Winds album already? That's killer!! You must be one of the busiest guy's in music. Although writing that kind of music takes an enormous amount of time. My hats off to you bro. I have no idea how you do it but keep up the great work. The last two releases you have done (Winds, AOS) have been masterful. I look forward to our talk tomorrow.

Well put Destroyer. Both are masterpieces, but I have to say I like the eccletic nature of AOS a bit more. I'm thankful they do both bands. It let's all of us enjoy two different bands who both make great music.

Status
Not open for further replies.