Press release from Carl August Tidemann, December 11th 2005:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2004
We are entering the studio once again for the continued recording of the fourth Winds album. The process of making this happen has taken a lot more time than first expected, both due to the complex material and a very busy schedule for everyone involved. We are entering studio again on December 16th for more recording sessions, expected to end around Christmas day.

This session will include recording of the string section as well as all the vocal tracks. After this, all that remains to be recorded is my lead work and Andy’s keys, which we will begin in January 2006. Strings will be recorded on location in a carefully selected timber church that was built in 1776 to achieve the best possible acoustic environment. To record the string section, we have hired famous Norwegian producer/engineer Truls Birkeland, who has worked with some of Norway’s biggest names in pop and jazz. Truls has vast experience with location recording and we expect nothing less than a superb result with him in charge.

The material on the new album is the most progressive and technical challenging, yet most melodic so far in the history of Winds. This is also the first time around we are bringing in additional voices for some of the lead vocal parts, which will add a new dimension to the classic Winds sound. We are really looking forward to this release, and hope everyone will enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed making it. Thanks a lot to everyone who is supporting our work!

Carl

I look forward to this so much... This shall be the album to make 2006.

Carl your guitar work always kicks my ass, your guitar playing is very complex and detailed. As a guitar player myself, I really look forward to hearing the new guitar work on this next one. HAIL

My mind is imploding merely attempting to comprehend the sheer awesomeness that is the new Winds album.

Status
Not open for further replies.