Age of Silence T-Shirts

Would you be interested in Age of Silence t-shirts?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Hi everyone,

Right now we're considering whether to manufacture Age of Silence t-shirts to be sold through the mail order on The End.
Before we do though, we want to see if there's actually an interest in this, or if we're just wasting our time even thinking about it.

The design we have in mind is not too elaborate, just a basic solid black or white colored shirt with the logo and album title,
with some black or white traces (opposite color of the shirt) outlining a piece of the artwork.

The usual price for shirts on The End's mail order is approximately $14, so the price would be in this same range.

Is this something you guys would be interested in ordering from The End? If so, take the poll and let us know.
Whether we manufacture shirts or not will depend on the response to this posting.

If you know of anyone else who you think might be interested as well, please forward the link and have them take the poll too.

Regards,
Andy Winter

Of course I would be. Support from us fans to great artists like yourself and your fellow band mates and friends is what we're here for.

One thing is, make sure the design blends with the colour of the shirt. When its just a big square block on the front/back of the shirt, it looks so... iron-on.

AnvilSnake said:
One thing is, make sure the design blends with the colour of the shirt. When its just a big square block on the front/back of the shirt, it looks so... iron-on.

If you are referring to the first batch of "Reflections..." shirts that were made, yes... those were awful. The company that made them didn't know anything about what they were doing, and they kept saying the artwork image was too complicated to put on a shirt. But when we got the second batch of "Reflections" shirts from a different company, they looked fine.

So this won't be anything like that at all. The AOS shirts will have a much simpler design than the Winds elaborate graphical artwork, so it will basically be the logo that's in focus on the AOS shirts. Simple but effective.

Although so far we've only had about 15 people report their interest, and unfortunately that's not enough to pursue this, so unless the numbers pick up we might have to wait until the full length before doing shirts.

Regards,
Andy

I need AOS shirts and winds please...andy can you indicate sizes that will be available?

Andy Winter said:
Although so far we've only had about 15 people report their interest, and unfortunately that's not enough to pursue this, so unless the numbers pick up we might have to wait until the full length before doing shirts.
Thats only the forums though, right? I'm sure there are many more people, just who don't talk on the forums.

The only issue is that there is a minimum quantity when manufacturing shirts, so even if we sell three times as much as indicated here on the forum, it means we're still stuck with twice as much overstock. I'm going to push for getting shirts made though, so if I can do anything to make it happen, I will do just that. But that means you guys have to do your part too, tell all your friends to order and get at least two for yourselves ;)

The sizes that will be available, I would assume are S, M, L and XL. I think we sold out of the small ones for the Winds shirt but we still have M, L and XL left. The links for these are below. We have some girlies left too, although we sold out of S and M so there's just L left.

As far as longsleeves, I don't think we will be able to do those for just an EP. They are more expensive in production (which means the cost will be more to the customer) and also they seem to be less in demand. Personally I prefer long sleeves too since I live in a colder climate, but a t-shirt is better than nothing at all I suppose, and if I have to freeze to show off my own band shirts then that's a small price to pay I guess ;)

T-Shirts:
http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.2008/it.A/id.8825/.f

Girlies:
http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.2008/it.A/id.8829/.f

Regards,
Andy

I'd definitely purchase an Age of Silence t-shirt. Shipping and the exchange rate will bring the costs up to at least $40NZD, but whatever – I'd pay $100 if it meant getting my hands on an Age of Silence shirt, albeit grudgingly. But I'd still buy it.