Votes: 11 44.0%
  • The second design suggestion

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
It's time to decide what design we want to go for. These two were my personal favorites among about 5 different suggestions.
Don't worry about shirt colors or anything like that yet, we'll get there, right now we are just evaluating the design itself.

Option 1:

aos-t-shirt-design1.jpg

Option 2:

aos-t-shirt-design2.jpg

I think my personal favorite is Option 1 because it looks almost like a jazz shirt and not a metal shirt.
Even so, I like Option 2 as well, very simple but still effective.

So I'll let you guys decide! Let us know what you think.

Regards,
Andy

if I had to choose between these two, I'd take #2 but I don't like them very much... I really dig the logo with all these things around the letters... as this is so complexe that I think it should have much more weight than the 'complications' like in the record company banner..

or with first design, a row with the big logo and another one with the handwritten sentence below (looking this less important for the same reason than below)... also I imagine it with a more tied handwriting (like in the photo).
Sample%20of%20Quimby's%20Handwriting.jpg

They are my just 2 cents plus some blahblah, hope they help somehow... :wave:

We value all opinions so thanks for posting them. Keep them coming too.
These two are not necessarily the only options. If people don't like them we will of course do something else instead.

Or maybe you guys can bug Asgeir Mickelson enough to get him to do a design for us!
Since he thinks our existing ones are crap ;)

Andy

Hieronimus said:
Option 2 for me, the first design is too crowdy, especially when the logo's not going to be very large...

We can change size proportions too, that's easy. The only thing is that our logo is kind of long and narrow, so it would need to be small enough to fit.

Out of those two I like the second one more since it's less crowded and it's easier to remember what it looks like. The first one makes me think of some sort of promo poster or something.

I chose number one.

As an aside, I think it'd be pretty funny (and ballsy) if the back made fun of the fact that AoS hasn't ever toured...at least not yet. Many band shirts have the tour dates and stuff listed on the backs of their shirts, as many of you know, and I think it'd be awesome to see a parody said concept. Anyway, not quite realistic but an idea nevertheless! :cool:

Will Bozarth said:
now... is that all that would be on the shirt???

That would be correct. We're doing a simple design and front print only, so no elaborate artwork or anything. As I explained when we mentioned shirts to begin with, this is among other things to keep the cost down for the fans.

We're not doing anything like we did on the Winds shirts, which were full color and artwork print front and back. For Age of Silence we just want something simple, yet something impactful none the less.

Andy

circus_brimstone said:
I chose number one.

As an aside, I think it'd be pretty funny (and ballsy) if the back made fun of the fact that AoS hasn't ever toured...at least not yet. Many band shirts have the tour dates and stuff listed on the backs of their shirts, as many of you know, and I think it'd be awesome to see a parody said concept. Anyway, not quite realistic but an idea nevertheless! :cool:

That's a cool idea, we'll have to look into how much extra it would be to get back print. I realize that the risk of going public with the design specs like we have done here, means that everyone will have a good idea, and not everyone will necessarily be happy with the decisions made.

Hopefully everyone will still be happy about the fact that we are trying to listen to our fans and their wishes when designing a shirt. As far as I know, there aren't any other bands doing the same thing anywhere. Maybe I'm not the one that should be pointing that out, but never the less...

Regards,
Andy

Andy Winter said:
That's a cool idea, we'll have to look into how much extra it would be to get back print. I realize that the risk of going public with the design specs like we have done here, means that everyone will have a good idea, and not everyone will necessarily be happy with the decisions made.

Hopefully everyone will still be happy about the fact that we are trying to listen to our fans and their wishes when designing a shirt. As far as I know, there aren't any other bands doing the same thing anywhere. Maybe I'm not the one that should be pointing that out, but never the less...

Regards,
Andy

Like we care! I'm sure that everyone here will buy a shirt whether they like the design or not.

haha...

2006 Age of Silence World Tour

Appearing every night in:
At least one person's CD player
A few people's mp3 player

Andy Winter said:
Hopefully everyone will still be happy about the fact that we are trying to listen to our fans and their wishes when designing a shirt. As far as I know, there aren't any other bands doing the same thing anywhere. Maybe I'm not the one that should be pointing that out

heh, you beat me to pointing that out. I think it's wonderful that you're doing this, I have never seen a band so involved with it's fans in decision making!

Will Bozarth said:
Appearing every night in:
At least one person's CD player
A few people's mp3 player

:tickled: Let's hope it isn't like this forever! AGE OF SILENCE/WINDS CO-HEADLINING WORLD TOUR 2006!

Between those two, I prefer the second one. Although I think that if the "Complications" line was put straight, not tilted like this, it would look better.

The first one has too much stuff going on, and the font ldoesn´t look very good.