Want to Design ND shirts?

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
With the re-releases, The End Records is going to release a T-Shirt with each one for pre-order. Just like the cover art, I figured I'd give you guys a crack at the designs. Also, this month we are beyond busy finishing this DVD for you guys!

I need one for Amid It's Hallowed Mirth, and one for Sculptured Ivy. The End would like to keep them at 2 to 3 colors, which leaves out full color cover art.

If your design get used, you'll get both CD's and both shirts when they are released.

So are you trying to keep the designs close to the new album covers? About how big should we make the pictures? I want to take a shot at this...

How does one actually design shirts? Because I have a design in my head but I couldn't exactly create like, a prototype t-shirt, to give you guys...

A black T-Shirt with the white ND logo would be nice, with brown (or dark brown) swirled design behind the logo. Like on the logo used on this forum there are circular things behind the logo, that's what I mean. I think a shirt like that would look great.

Apart from that, the cover art on the front with a lyric excerpt on the back would work good for any T-shirt. If you can only have a few colors, have the cover made "cell shaded" using adobe illustrator or something of the sort. :)

Give me a day or so, and I'll provide you with links for templates, and logos to use.

Average size of a shirt design is 12" Wide, by 15" tall. Design the image on a black background. 300 DPI for photoshop. Illustrator will offer cleaner graphics.

The designs need to make sense to coincide with the two releases.

Give me a day or so, and I'll provide you with links for templates, and logos to use.

Average size of a shirt design is 12" Wide, by 15" tall. Design the image on a black background. 300 DPI for photoshop. Illustrator will offer cleaner graphics.

The designs need to make sense to coincide with the two releases.

Alright sounds good, will check back for all the stuff!

OK, I have 2 designs I'm torn over. I want opinions. For the Amid shirt, what would you rather see, the new cover with our logo all in black and grey and white (because it has to be a simple two color design,) OR for the first time and only time ever, an Amid shirt using the ORIGINAL band Logo on the Avantgarde CD, with a bit of a modern touch to it?

The ladder, for sure. To be completely honest I'm not too fond of the new album covers.

Are you still going to let us try to do something for the shirts?

OK, I have 2 designs I'm torn over. I want opinions. For the Amid shirt, what would you rather see, the new cover with our logo all in black and grey and white (because it has to be a simple two color design,) OR for the first time and only time ever, an Amid shirt using the ORIGINAL band Logo on the Avantgarde CD, with a bit of a modern touch to it?

No original logo.....
Nothing against the old logo...
Just that ND has always been progressive, with everything from the music, album covers, artwork, and logo....

I prefer the new cover with the present Logo.
So there will be a one-to-one relation with the re-release.

I really like the idea with the old logo! The outcome would surely be very interesting. However, I also somewhat agree that the shirt should match the album. [/Unhelpful Opinion]

Aeternum Vale is one of my favourite albums! Great stuff. :headbang:

I would like to see the old-school logo, only because it'd be the one and only time! Not to mention the fact that the album is a re-release, and I think the old logo would somewhat pay homage to ND's first album :headbang: