Want to Design ND shirts?

OK, just to clarify a few things.....

One- Paul, myself and the rest of the band DEFINITELY prefer the new logo over the old one. The only reason for utilising the old logo is because of it's connection to that 1st album, and this re-release presents probably the only chance to ever do something "retro" like this. Meaning, if we don't do this now, it ain't never gonna happen. And there are a fair amount of people out there who were big fans of the "old" Novembers Doom who might really like having an old styled shirt like this.

Secondly- This shirt is going to be a limited edition, not something that we'll continue to print or be selling at shows, etc. Paul and I have gone over the design ideas for the front and back and I think people will be pleased with how it comes out. It sort of combines many of the suggestions/opinions mentioned here.

Plus, keep in mind that there's going to be shirts for the other re-releases as well, which will have the "new" logo on them, for those who prefer that.

And fuck all knows how many logo shirts we've created over the years with that current logo! How many more do we need at this point? LOL

Given that then, I think the old logo is definitely the way to go. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards that idea.

When is the stuff going to be posted so we can give it a try? Or did you guys already deicide on something like you said? You were just playing with us to make us think we mattered...... :(

Hmmm, well most bands wouldn't even ask in the first place, I think most people around here know that we do value outside opinions and input. Problem is, we're under pressure to get these designs turned in immediately so we're running out of time (frankly we've kinda already run out of time). We realise that it didn't give people much time to plan and contribute but this wound up moving much faster than we'd initially intended. That being said, we DID receive some submissions from people, I saw a couple and they were very cool! Perhaps they can be utilised in other ways for the future. But being that these shirts are something that the label is making and they have their own agenda and deadline for getting this done, we're under a different kind of pressure than if this was something the band was doing ourselves.

And also Brandon, the comments you made a few days ago with your ideas for a shirt were noted, it's always helpful. Having a shirt with the regular ND logo with the swirling filigree behind it, like you mentioned, is a design that we've done before on our shirts, so we've kinda done something a bit "different yet similar" with our current design we're considering. And the album cover artwork will figure into the t-shirt design in a way, you'll see.

Anyhow, sorry if it frustrated anyone that we didn't wind up allowing more time for this but sometimes that's just how it goes. We tossed it out there in hopes that maybe something might be thrown at us in time that'd work but ultimately we had to get a move on with this, or it might not happen at all.

When is the stuff going to be posted so we can give it a try? Or did you guys already deicide on something like you said? You were just playing with us to make us think we mattered...... :(

You guys matter to us more then you realize. I love giving the fans opportunities to contribute like this. Right after I posted this, I got an email from the label, and I'm holding up the promotion and pre-sales of the re-releases because I was supposed to hand the art in awhile ago, and since we are 100% focused on completing this DVD in the next two weeks, everything else went on hold, and now it's all due at the same time. As much as I would LOVE to wait for shirt ideas to pour in, we ran out of time.

We will need a design for The Knowing re-release, so that one, I will give you guys time, and art to work with. I would love it if the shirts were fan designed! Hell, even if you guys have ideas for any style shirt, submit them! If we like it, we WILL use it and manufacture them in the future!

We'll need a shirt design for our upcoming European "tour" so there's all sorts of opportunity.

Upcoming American tour?

:)

We would love to, but it would have to make sense for us to do it. We have more on our plate at this very moment, then we have in a long time, trying to get all these "projects" complete (DVD, Europe, writing the new CD, recording the new CD, re-mixing The Knowing for the re-release) It's hard to even think about a US tour at the moment. Once things settle down for us, we will look into hitting the states. We really want to get out West, and I know Saturnus has already said they would be into that as well.

Cool stuff is coming folks, You'll see. :)

DVD should be COMPLETE in 2 weeks.

We have to compile all the "extras" that will go on the disc (i.e. content other than the concert itself), plus the concert portion still has to be edited together and have the audio track added to the film, etc. Paul and I will be overseeing the editing process that's being done by a professional. It's alot of work that has to be done in a short amount of time in order for it to meet the deadline for getting it into production, so that it'll be ready to sell by the time of Graspop.

As for when you guys can start ordering the disc, I haven't the slightest idea. That's basically up to the label to decide. I'm sure it'll be available for purchase not long after the European shows.

As for what extras will be on the disc, and more details behind the whole editing process, etc., we'll post all that info at a later date :)

OK, I have 2 designs I'm torn over. I want opinions. For the Amid shirt, what would you rather see, the new cover with our logo all in black and grey and white (because it has to be a simple two color design,) OR for the first time and only time ever, an Amid shirt using the ORIGINAL band Logo on the Avantgarde CD, with a bit of a modern touch to it?

Option #2 sounds AWESOME! :kickass:

Did you say you guys are preparing for another CD already? Whaa... isn't it a bit soon? Not that I don't want it, I just haven't had enough time with Novella Resoirvor yet. :cry:

Paul said:
writing the new CD, recording the new CD

Yes but keep in mind, we're only in the writing process right now. I can't see us getting into the studio any sooner than Fall 2008, which means the new cd wouldn't be released until sometime in 2009. So you've still got plenty of time to listen to TNR :)

Well yeah but there's so much I'm forced to listen to, I don't get much time to listen to stuff I want to. :D