Statement: The Future of Stratovarius by Timo Tolkki

if you're firing people...can I join the band? I can't play guitar, but I could look very gay with the right amount of tight leather

TheSomberlain said:
Timo Tolkki should leave and become a stand up comedian :p

Timo: "so I told'em 'We eat metal and shit chains'
Audience: ":lol:"
Timo: "don't ye laugh at me! I'm serious here!"
Audience: ":lol:"
Timo: "Well fuck you too! This is MY stage!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Im kinda biased regarding this question, but I think Timo should do what seems best for him. Sure I would miss Jens, TK and the rest BUT if they cant be around each otehr or be friends they cant play together; simple as that.

Then again, I really hope that they work this out.

Thanatos said:
if you're firing people...can I join the band? I can't play guitar, but I could look very gay with the right amount of tight leather
Hahahhahahhaaha

Thanny man, dropped by for a visit huh.. Stay a while :headbang:

I don't know much about Stratovarius at all.. But it sounds to me like this guy here is the one with the 'problem' and a fucked up attitude.

"After speaking with all the band members I am now travelling to Berlin to talk with the Sanctuary team about the future of Stratovarius.

At this point I cannot say more about the situation. I am very sorry if my statements have offended someone. I have been under heavy pressure lately and my therapist has prescribed me some heavy antidepressants. They make it even more difficult for me to control my temper.

I have received death threats, which has forced me to hire 2 bodyguards. They are both former military people with martial arts training. This is sad really, but what can you do?

Anyway, I apologize once more if I have offended anyone with my comments. I hope you understand what kind of pressure we all are living in at the moment.

I would like to say that things are not always what they seem. The music world can be very frustrating, largely due to legal and business matters. I hope I can tell you some news after returning from Berlin. "

It's serious...

It's nice that someone with such a temper gets to realize he might have a wrong attitude. World would be a much better place if people admitted they're wrong and apologized more often. Even tho what I might think of him I think he now deserves a :headbang:

"Timo Kotipelto and Jörg Michael are out of Stratovarius.

After several emergency meetings, this move finds acceptance within the band. “Due to irrevocable and massive difficulties between the band leader Timo Tolkki and me, it has been agreed that this is the best thing to do to preserve at least some of the integrity the band used to have", says singer Kotipelto. "I will now fully concentrate on my solo album and I am convinced that this is the best way for me."

Jörg Michael says that his priorities lie elsewhere at the moment, but that the suddenly escalating trouble in the band is one of the main reasons he doesn't want to play in Stratovarius anymore.

Jens Johansson states that he thinks this situation is very unfortunate, but that he is ok with it nevertheless, given the tension and turmoil of the last couple of months.

Jari Kainulainen was not available for comment

"I think this is the beginning of new era for Stratovarius and that the future looks bright and promising. I have composed some of my best songs during the last month", Timo Tolkki says from his writing mansion next to the gulf of Finland. He promises that Stratovarius fans will be both surprised and amazed by the next album. "If anything good comes out of this, then I guess it will be the emotions I have managed to channel into new songs about this situation, which has been very heavy for all of us." he continued. "I have been having quite bad mental problems lately, but I feel better now due to anti-depressive medication my therapist has prescribed me."

Also, according to the booking agent Continental Concerts, the current line-up is "100% certain" to fulfill all its obligations regarding festival dates next year even though there is a lot of simmering hate still, waiting to boil over.

According to Tolkki, he is currently talking to a German singer and a Finnish drummer about replacing Kotipelto and Michael, but he stresses that absolutely nothing is confirmed at this point. He adds that he is actively looking for replacements. "

NEWS ABOUT MICHAEL KISKE JOINING STRATOVARIUS / 17.12.2003

Dear Friends,

Since the rumours are wildly speculating about the new Stratovarius singer and drummer I have decided to tell you how things are going at the moment. First of all I have not been in contact with Michael Kiske about being the replacement for Timo Kotipelto. I know Michael well enough not to suggest anything like that to him and I have enormous amount of respect to him and his musical career. He knows what he wants and I am sure it is very different from what I want.

I have received lot of interest from lots of different singers and drummers, some of them have been quite surprising and some of them are even singing/playing in quite big groups at this writing. Thank you for your interest.

Also 3 female vocalists have sent me their tapes and I must say that 1 of them sounds unbelievably talented and she has the looks that kill as well. I hope I can give you some news about the replacements as soon as possible.

I am still writing new songs and it is going very smoothly. New songs seem to have completely different direction compared to those 10 songs that I wrote first. Even I am very surprised about the songs and how different they sound compared to the previous STRATOVARIUS songs. It seems that I am more positive now, since we found the solution that we all can live with. It´s not about FUCKING money by the way.

I have quit the anti depressives and therapy at the moment and I am feeling really good. I was drinking with Jari last weekened and we had a really good time together. We did pass out from drinking too much, but hey, YOU LIVE ONLY ONCE!!!

The old line-up will play a Spanish Festival on 28.2.2004. (http://www.piornorock.com/inglesmarco.html) I hope we can act civilized there, although the situation is a pain in the ASS. Nevertheless we will try our best to give a good STRATOVARIUS show to the Spanish fans. SEE YOU ALL THERE!!

In Metal, Timo Tolkki