Static X

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Ok I am not the biggest fan of Nu Metal but this is one band that has always continued to impress me.

Just picked up their newbie - Start a War - and its actually pretty cool. Some NIN touches in there and Zombie influences as well. Reminds me a lot of their Winconsin album but continues on from Shadow Zone too.

Sometimes the monotone staccato guitars are screaming for some melody line but I guess its not their style. I guess if I want Melodic guitar playing I will go back to Maiden.

I guess they are one my guilty pleasures as far as Nu Metal bands go...

Thoughts?

They're not "Nu-Metal", their Industrial. :p

Seriously, though, they are more Industrial Metal than anything else. They just came out at the same time as all that nu-metal crap so they got lumped in.

I heard a lot of bad reviews for "Start a War", but it you dig that, you will love Wiscosin Death Trip and Machine. Simply insane albums!

Static is one of my favorite bands but They're not NuMetal AT ALL.
They are a big time Industrial influenced metal band.

LuvataciousSkull said:
They're not "Nu-Metal", their Industrial. :p

Seriously, though, they are more Industrial Metal than anything else. They just came out at the same time as all that nu-metal crap so they got lumped in.

I heard a lot of bad reviews for "Start a War", but it you dig that, you will love Wiscosin Death Trip and Machine. Simply insane albums!
Start a War isn't my favorit but it's still a good album.
Agreed...Wiscosin Death Trip and Machine are two sweet discs.

isnt the guitarist a kiddy fiddler??? thought i read somewhere he was on the sex offenders list.... there music is ok.. not my bag though :p

Caggers said:
isnt the guitarist a kiddy fiddler??? thought i read somewhere he was on the sex offenders list.... there music is ok.. not my bag though :p

Yes.
From my old signature.

tripp.jpg

He´s out now though... looking for more kiddies. They have the old guitarist in the band again.

Shit band by the way.

aliasp said:
Ok I am not the biggest fan of Nu Metal but this is one band that has always continued to impress me.

Just picked up their newbie - Start a War - and its actually pretty cool. Some NIN touches in there and Zombie influences as well. Reminds me a lot of their Winconsin album but continues on from Shadow Zone too.

Sometimes the monotone staccato guitars are screaming for some melody line but I guess its not their style. I guess if I want Melodic guitar playing I will go back to Maiden.

I guess they are one my guilty pleasures as far as Nu Metal bands go...

Thoughts?

Yeah i like the song Skinnyman on the new one, its on the NFS Most Wanted game..good tune to be chased by cops to :)