Steel Prophet Forum @ UM!

Pabla

The Devil Wears Maiden
Apr 18, 2004
LA
Well, since they are defo an oldschool band I thought some of you would like to know (if you didn't already that is!) that as of this morning there is a new Steel Prophet forum here @ UM! :)

For those of you who are fans or would like to come say hi see you there! Of course JD had to make it there before me, hahaha! :tickled:

Hawk said:
I'll look around but I am not as crazy about them as I used to be.
Their latest release did nothing for me.

Their next release will do SOMETHING to you :heh: there are a lot of exciting new things happening within the SP camp ;) so keep your eyes and ears open...

It will be nice to see you there as well! :) :wave:

Pabla said:
Their next release will do SOMETHING to you :heh: there are a lot of exciting new things happening within the SP camp ;) so keep your eyes and ears open...

It will be nice to see you there as well! :) :wave:

Actually I have been supporting Steel Prophet for years and corresponded with Steve for quite some time. They were among my favorite bands in that time.

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but hearing is believing for me now as far as Steel Prophet goes. I really believe they have taken a very wrong turn on their last few albums.

I am willing to believe that they had a few rough times the lately but still, first I will have to hear the album before I will be more positive about them.

Hawk said:
Actually I have been supporting Steel Prophet for years and corresponded with Steve for quite some time. They were among my favorite bands in that time.

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but hearing is believing for me now as far as Steel Prophet goes. I really believe they have taken a very wrong turn on their last few albums.

I am willing to believe that they had a few rough times the lately but still, first I will have to hear the album before I will be more positive about them.

No need to apologize Hawk! :) I totally understand you... I was not very impressed by Unseen although there are some strong tracks in there IMHO and I did dig most of Beware.. although it was a sort of "controversial" album as so many fans where so divided over it, plus the sort of production it had on it did nothing to help it.

I can say this... I was lucky to sit in at one of their rehearsals a few weeks ago and heard some very heavy and highly promissing stuff... sorta like going back to their "old sound". So I would defo not give up on them just yet... but I understand you being cautious... hopefully what you hear in the next upcoming album will be more pleasing to your sensitive Hawk ears ;)

Pabla said:
No need to apologize Hawk! :) I totally understand you... I was not very impressed by Unseen although there are some strong tracks in there IMHO and I did dig most of Beware.. although it was a sort of "controversial" album as so many fans where so divided over it, plus the sort of production it had on it did nothing to help it.

I can say this... I was lucky to sit in at one of their rehearsals a few weeks ago and heard some very heavy and highly promising stuff... sorta like going back to their "old sound". So I would defo not give up on them just yet... but I understand you being cautious... hopefully what you hear in the next upcoming album will be more pleasing to your sensitive Hawk ears ;)

Well, coming from you, this is very good news! My hope are up again. Next time you'll see Steve, tell him Hawk from the Netherlands says hello. The last few years have been very rough for me and a lot of shitty things happened.
I lost contact with him. Some events in the SP were not helpful either.

I would love to see SP go back to its old form. They simply rocked that period. I have seen them live twice in 1999/2000. And they kicked total ass.

A song like "Mysteries of Iniquity" is still among my all time favorite metal songs. :headbang: It would be simply fantastic to see them in old form again!

I like the new one. But I didn't like the aftermath of the band after its release. I'm going to drop by anyway.

Hawk said:
Well, coming from you, this is very good news! My hope are up again. Next time you'll see Steve, tell him Hawk from the Netherlands says hello. The last few years have been very rough for me and a lot of shitty things happened.
I lost contact with him. Some events in the SP were not helpful either.

I would love to see SP go back to its old form. They simply rocked that period. I have seen them live twice in 1999/2000. And they kicked total ass.

A song like "Mysteries of Iniquity" is still among my all time favorite metal songs. :headbang: It would be simply fantastic to see them in old form again!

:) right on! I spoke to Steve today and he remembered you! He said to say hi back. :wave:

They played that song at the Whisky show in December... it was totally classic :headbang:

And I am sure they are going back in that direction... I heard it myself ;)

Wyvern said:
I like the new one. But I didn't like the aftermath of the band after its release. I'm going to drop by anyway.

I thought Dark Hallucinations would be your fav.. guess I was wrong :loco:
Meh, within bands there is always a lot of sh*t that goes on... the thing is that they keep bouncing back IMO

kittybeast said:
I bounced in for a welcome while you were commuting to work!!! hahahahahah

:Smug: tell me bout it.. you and JD are lethal :yell:

Pabla said:
I thought Dark Hallucinations would be your fav.. guess I was wrong :loco:
Meh, within bands there is always a lot of sh*t that goes on... the thing is that they keep bouncing back IMO

Yeah but I hope that they bounce good, not like some bands that had bounced back lately with lousy comebacks.

Anyway, time will tell isn't it?

I played "Dark Hallucinations" yesterday after reading the thread on the forum and I'm still more into ITV :wave: (even if I bought it after DH which was my first).

Making this a sticky for a while because I consider Steel Prophet an important band for Old Schoolers like us.

If you don't know them check out their catalog.

:edit: the latest news is that they have a new vocalist. Its has not being said explicitly yet, but I think you can expect either a very good unknown vocalist or someone we all know.

You rule Hawk! Thanks for making this a sticky... I couldn't agree more on the fact that this is a deserving band and a defo staple of "old school"...
:wave:

Wyvern said:
Yeah but I hope that they bounce good, not like some bands that had bounced back lately with lousy comebacks.

Anyway, time will tell isn't it?

I played "Dark Hallucinations" yesterday after reading the thread on the forum and I'm still more into ITV :wave: (even if I bought it after DH which was my first).

That's true m'dear... time tells all. But I think this will be a great comeback, I am most certain about it :D

Hehehe, we all have our personal favs... :heh:

To my knowledge I've never heard a note of this band. I'd like to check them out, but their website displays that dreaded "under construction" and the label site offers a profile, but no free songs to download.

If they want new fans, that is a problem that needs to be fixed. Must hear before I buy!

So what is Steel Prophet like? I googled them and found some extremely varying opinions. Many called it progressive...that piques my interest. I've heard comparisons to old Fates Warning...but is that John Arch-era Fates or Parallells-era Fates? I like the JA stuff, but after he left I lost interest.

One review called them a Helloween clone. I'm not a big fan of the repetitive galloping double-bass like Helloween and Rhapsody. Kamelot and Wuthering Heights are the only two bands I like that use that brand of "power" metal (probably because they use it sparingly)

I get the impression that Steel Prophet changed styles somewhere along the line, based on the skeptical opinions in this thread.

From what I have Heard TSO I can put it in Basic terms ... American Power Metal! and the Vocalist that sings on the first several albums Reminds me a Bit of Bruce Dickenson ... I am a nOOb to this band too :D but they are pretty fucking good!