Steel Prophet to Headline Swordbrothers Festival in Germany

Oh Steve, I can hardly believe it!!! That's it, finally all my hoping has been redeemed!! Say hello to the guys and be sure to encounter a worshipping crowd in Germany later this year!! Can't express how happy I am... Can't wait to see you again...

Great news! I will try to get myself there.. it should not be a problem i think, Germany is not so far away from here.

Will be so great to see you!:worship: :D

Definitely, you should NOT have asked... I guess it's impossible to go thorugh more than 12 or so, haha... But I make a start indeed - I guess any Inner Ascendance tune is utopian, haha, but that would be IT! Just one song from IA is heaven on earth and more... Then, of course, Montag, Strange Encounter, Ides of March, Goddess Arise, When Six Was Nine (!!!) etc. etc. Just don't think that's all, only the most catchy ones, certainly live-fit.
Ah, and if you decide to play a cover again (like once Fast As A Shark), go for US-stuff, if you still like it - anything John Arch-like, people there are US-Metal-fanatics and, e.g., The Apparition may burst all our skulls haha...
Whatever YOU choose, I'll adore it!!

Yeah talking about covers, it will be The Apparition that will exployd the people there:D By the way Steve, what is your favorite Fates song? (i know its hard to say, becouse i could not answer myself) I really love all their albums. Some songs are just more speacial than others.

I think also that atleast one or few song from IA will be great,, my favorites would be Death and Life. Anything from Dark Hallucinations.... In to the void,,, Passage of Time will bring some warm tears to my eyes..
As dont have all the albums yet, it will be interesting to hear anything from any albums.

Waiting for the gig already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys. We have a cover planned, but it's by a British group. See if you can guess... ;) My favorite Fates tune is probably 'Guardian', or 'Exodus'. 'Epitaph', 'Buried Alive' and 'Apparition' are big faves too. 'Fata Morgana' and 'Giants Lore' are cool too. How about 'Without a Trace'. I used to go to Fates practice sessions when they were writing that stuff, and it's got a permanent place in my heart!

Yeahh, i have read Fates liner notes *SPECIAL Thanks* from art books of those albums and Steve Blackmoor is always there:D That early stuff is great! Without a Trace is first song where i really got inside the lyrics... I noticed that there can be really intellegent and thoughtful way to tell something and still you need to think yourself to get the idea what it is about.

I have no idea what the cover could be:D Maybe Zeppelin or Yes??

This cover MUST be Purgatory, no? By the way, your connection with the Ides of March-instrumental is simply astonishing - one wonders, how this was NOT supposed to be original, haha!
Then, I think this is the first time that I get to know your opinion on the early FW stuff, Steve - I thought maybe you've quite changed your opinion over the years. Very interesting: Guardian, Exodus, and Giant's Lore plus particularly Epitaph are my faves, too (I was sometimes thinking you'd listened a lot to Epitaph when writing Sleep of Despair...). But one has to add Night on Bröcken and Damnation when talking about the first one, to my mind...

First of all what came to my mind was Iron Maiden cover! But then i thought it would have been too easy to guess;) But then Pink Floyd is on the same level... but i dont think it's floyd cover.. I give up :p

Jesper! Night on Brocken and Damnation are really great songs! If i wouldn't know that Damnation is from first album, I could easily imagine that it's from Awaken The Guardian,,, so it's really strong song!

Night on Brocken and Damnation are really great songs! If i wouldn't know that Damnation is from first album, I could easily imagine that it's from Awaken The Guardian,,, so it's really strong song!

Once more, I can but agree!!

Hmmm... Yes, Floyd is on that same level too. You're very close... In all of rock and roll history the most influential bands are probably Beatles, Floyd, Zeppelin, Yes, Queen and Black Sabbath. If you throw Jimi Hendrix in there, I think you have all of what's ever been in rock/metal music to this day. Nothing has really been added, would you agree? I'm not going to reveal the cover though, or it won't be a surprise!

On the other topic I'd have to say Damnation is a very good song. It could be on 'Awaken'.

I have to say that i haven't heard nearly as much music as you (was there 5000cd:s in your collection if i remember right?:D), so for me it's hard to say! Nowadays there are so much different technologys that allows to do many different things that was impossible back to 70-80th. O. S. I. for example, the sound and feeling is taken totally from new point of view i guess. But thats little thing anyway, so i think your right and i would agree that those old bands and musicians created the thing that is today called rock/metal:headbang:

Now i think that its Sabbath or Queen cover! But i can guess endlessly until i'm finally right:D So keep it in secret for a surprise!;)

The Nuclear Blast website describes Inner Ascendence as sounding like "the beginnings of Fates Warning". Is there any truth to this?

Well, that's precisely it! Steel Prophet was the one band to continue what FW sought to adjust when John Arch did quit.

Yeah, i hear alot of Fates Warning influense there! But still it has Steel Prophet feeling on it and it's much more technical and very progressive.
I checked band Trouble few days ago and indeed there are something very close to Inner Ascendence thing.