Steel Prophet to Headline Swordbrothers Festival in Germany

Hmmm... I think Inner A is like 'early' fates warning would be what NB means maybe? There is a lot of the first trouble album on there also. Initially, fates and steel prophet's influences were very similar, then after hearing fates they became an influence on sp, but eventually fates went on to the rush, marillion and gentle giant influences and abandoned the early metal influences. sp just got more basic and by unseen album it was about sabbath, zep, aerosmith, queen, etc. That's my perspective. At least it is today. Tomorrow could be a different story!

You can really judge a band's progressiveness by the way they regard their early material. Rush, Queensryche, Fates Warning, and Savatage, all share an indifference towards their "Prog metal" albums (2112, The Warning, Awaken the Guardian, Hall of the Mountain King) even though they are considered their most seminal work.

Well, from my musical perspective, I would say those artists have a certain disdain for their early works because musical abilities usually increase in melody and harmony later in the career in addition to recognition of tonal properties and stuff like that. Early albums usually have an energy and vigor that carries them even if they lack 'mature' musical values. There are very standard chord changes on the Rush, Queensryche and Savatage albums you mention. The Fates isn't very standard, but I know Jim doesn't care for the wailing, nasal, high pitched vocals on the album. I think it's pretty cool anyway. ;)

Yeah! I remember an interview where Jim said that they (later FATES) simply get boring while playing early stuff, atleast he does! But i didn't know before that he doesn't like the vocal style on Guardian. For me it's very unique!

Btw! Steve, do you have any information about how much playing time you will have on Swordbrothers?

AAAARGHHHHH!!!!no money for me to go to this festival so i am getting very jealous with what i am reading here...wish i had and see the band live,i am sure the playset will be great,what about playing old stuff like any from the inner ascendence material???!!that would be almost heaven!!!

STEEL PROPHET was just fantastic!! I couldn't expect THAT - the greatest songs from almost every album (!!!) made it a veritable best-of setlist in all Heavy Metal music! More than a pity, though, the absence of Steve - whatever it was, next time on a Europ. tour, Steve included, all will be PERFECT! Thanks again for a night to remember...

Time was definitely great... "Trickery" was fantastic live, to my mind! And to begin that set with "Sleep of Despair," one of my very alltime-faves, was an idea I couldn't hope to come true one day... The style of "Dark Symbiosis" is certainly a SP-homage.