Stench Of Redemption - The Best Album Of The Year imo

Blue_Jay

New Metal Member
Aug 23, 2006
Texas, United States
www.myspace.com
I absolutely love The Stench Of Redemption. I mean I listen to it more than anything else right now. Deicide has changed a lot but unlike about every other band I'm really liking the changes Deicide put in. It's more heavy, faster, and a lot more shreding. But that's how you put it in this one album. What they are going to do on their next album? Something tells me their next one is going to be their best one, even though this is their current best album imo.

But yea, time for yours.

I honestly wasn't a big fan before this CD, but Stench has turned me into a fan. Best thing they've ever done IMO. The newly found melodies really add to the music.

Great, great album. Ive bee a fan of their stuff for quite some time but this was a good, fresh release. Mainly due to the orgasmic solos.

The solo work here is a total craft of excellence i personaly like this album and find it somewhat difficult to play but hey that means REAL muscianship here. You some people still say Eric and Brian Hoffman had better riffs and solos. I really dont know how to justify that....i mean back in the 90's Eric and Brians sound was pretty mean sounding if anything. Some of these fans say Deicides new stuff sounds like a 80's heavy metal band on steriods. I mean Ralph is part of the 80's heavy metal era right? Well either way from a Deicide fans point of view i think it is the best album, musicaly, vocaly, precussion wise and production. They did a fucking AWSOME job on this record and i for one love every second.....favourite song......Lord of Sedition.......the harmonic part after the change kinda sounds like Deaths Open Casket....same note i think but still this album rocks. Now if only sometime soon they could make it through to Canada again that would be awsome. I wonder if Ralphs issue in Texas had anything to do with them not being able to make it through to Canada? Anyone got any feedback on that issue? I wonder..... i will post a thread askin that question hopefully someone will know.

I definetely hear more things like Judas Priest in the new album than I ever did before Jack and Ralph joined. Which is a good thing, because Deicide's leads and harmonies were never all that incredible before, despite the fact the songs themselves, overall, were fantastic.

I'm glad they changed their guitar players also. I really can't wait to hear what they have in store for us next album. I hope it won't be too similar to the Stench Of Redemption album yet still has it's guitars trademark.

Stench really is a great CD, it was the only CD I listened to for 2 months straight from January to March, and I've gotten into Deicide as a result of this, they're definitely in my top death metal bands now.