Steve on "Best bassists of Death" page.Seen this biatch?

LordFireworm

May 26, 2002
Visit site
Biatch.Even typing that makes me cringe.
Anyway,

http://medieteknik.bth.se/joba01/

Mini bio,some praise and a few samples.
I'm annoyed that these samples dont include Nothing is Everything.
Speaking of which,Steve,how are your tabbing skills these days?*Cough,Cough*
C'mon!Its my birthday for God's sake!
Its the only day of the year my parents dont make me sleep in the garden so why not go make it that little bit more special.
THIS WILL NEVER END.

Originally posted by Coypu
he has seen it alright...

Oh?How do you know?
What does he think of it?
He should email the webmaster and demand to be on the font page.
Yes indeed.
Just him,Webster and Eric Langlois.
Eamonn

Well, I am the the webmaster of that site and I came here to ask for some info regarding Steve's tecniques and Steve wasn't too happy with what I had written back then so there was abit of a fuss there but everything worked out pretty well in the end though so there is no hard feelings as far as I know.

And all the artists have been added in the order that I added them so there is and will never be any ranking involved so putting him first would brake that rule. And there are many other fine bassplayers there too so I wouldn't say that only thoose 3 should be there.

No shit!
You're the webmaster?Sweet.So tell me,what happened with Martin from Opeth?You using him?
Also,Chris Richards.Have you actually seen him live?Can you hear him playing fast live?Is he more impressive then Webster?
Sorry about all the questions but I'm very curious?

I'm checking into Opeth's and a bunch more of bassplayers right now, just look at page 4 and you will see which ones.

I haven't seen Chris Richards live but from what I have heard from albums he is definately my favorite since he actually put makes his bass stand out more like in Epitaph of the credolous. So yes he is easily more impressive than Webster but I think that Webster does an amazing job considering that Cannibal Corpse aren't exactly in the same league as Suffocation playingwise. You should check into Tony Choy though, that guy is by far the most impressive death metal bassplayer I have ever run across (not counting Sean Malone as a death metal guy...)

Stunned to see Francois Mongrain on there!! Very rare to see other people who appreciate Martyr's music!! I try to convert everyone I see! Best band to come out of the Quebec metal scene (and that says a lot!), quite possibly the best band out there right now IMO!

Good stuff!!

just something

how can someone that listens to atheist, spiral architect, billy sheehan, and some great stuff can say that john myung's Freeport Jam is the MOST IMPRESSIVE bass solo ever heard??

the structure is just some changed Scarred riff ("wow it's a 5/4"), and the soloing is just going up and down scales,
you could say it's an impressive song, but it's below so many stuff...

Originally posted by flaviu
just something

how can someone that listens to atheist, spiral architect, billy sheehan, and some great stuff can say that john myung's Freeport Jam is the MOST IMPRESSIVE bass solo ever heard??

the structure is just some changed Scarred riff ("wow it's a 5/4"), and the soloing is just going up and down scales,
you could say it's an impressive song, but it's below so many stuff...

I'm just promoting the guy, I think that he is a great player and you could see it like a comercial for him. ...But since I strive to make things as good as possible I changed the text so that their will be no confusions on that issue again. I should however point out that this site isn't about life or death, its purpose is to let people find new players that can inspire them, if you already know about john myung then move on the the next one and find out about him instead.

Martyr rules!

Saw them live twice, its actually me and a friend that got in touch with the webmaster and bugged him to throw him on, he's great!

Btw, if you need more info for him for your site let me know!

P.S: oohhhh, first post.

Originally posted by MonkeyBabu
Martyr rules!

Saw them live twice, its actually me and a friend that got in touch with the webmaster and bugged him to throw him on, he's great!

Btw, if you need more info for him for your site let me know!

P.S: oohhhh, first post.

Good job! :) I live in N.S. , had been listening to them for about a year, when i heard they were coming to Halifax I was so fucking pumped! Bunch of us went the local bands (Terratomb) jamspot after the gig, Martyr showed up, got to talk to them for a few hours, really nice guys.. They picked up Terratombs instruments and played Megadeth - Holy Wars, pretty awesome to see!

Originally posted by Unregistered
Good job! :) I live in N.S. , had been listening to them for about a year, when i heard they were coming to Halifax I was so fucking pumped! Bunch of us went the local bands (Terratomb) jamspot after the gig, Martyr showed up, got to talk to them for a few hours, really nice guys.. They picked up Terratombs instruments and played Megadeth - Holy Wars, pretty awesome to see!

oops, would help if i logged in eh!

Originally posted by Coypu
I'm just promoting the guy, I think that he is a great player and you could see it like a comercial for him. ...But since I strive to make things as good as possible I changed the text so that their will be no confusions on that issue again. I should however point out that this site isn't about life or death, its purpose is to let people find new players that can inspire them, if you already know about john myung then move on the the next one and find out about him instead.

I'm sorry if I was a little rude, that's cause I'm not a native english speaker and I don't know the right words.
continuing... I guess I'm just a personal disliker of Myung, because I and many people think he does nothing but tonics on Dream Theater, and could do much more stuff...

And because of that I got upset because you were saying some wise stuff about great bassists, and then I heard that about myung, and I think you got my point...

See ya

I'm sorry if I was a little rude, that's cause I'm not a native english speaker and I don't know the right words.
continuing... I guess I'm just a personal disliker of Myung, because I and many people think he does nothing but tonics on Dream Theater, and could do much more stuff...

And because of that I got upset because you were saying some wise stuff about great bassists, and then I heard that about myung, and I think you got my point...

See ya

I'm from sweden so I know how it is to have a bad vocabulary so don't worry about it. I also understand your views on Myung but I can't really see how he is one that you should pick on. He has nomatter what made bass a more popular instrument and he is extremely skilled too. You can always pick apart a bassplayers playing if you want to or you could just appreciate the good sides of that particular player. I learned this the hard way but focusing on the good things is the best way to appreciate things in life.

I'm still glad for all thought about the site, I strive to make it better so all help is highly appreciated.

Good job! I live in N.S. , had been listening to them for about a year, when i heard they were coming to Halifax I was so fucking pumped! Bunch of us went the local bands (Terratomb) jamspot after the gig, Martyr showed up, got to talk to them for a few hours, really nice guys.. They picked up Terratombs instruments and played Megadeth - Holy Wars, pretty awesome to see!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martyr are one of my favorite bands as well, so it's great to see Francois up on that page! I live in NB, but missed them when they came down around here for a couple of shows, damn! I believe they're workng on new material right now, and I can't wait to see how it turns out, Warp Zone was mindblowing.