Steven Slate Announces TWO New Pro Audio Enterprises

AudioPhile777

Mathew Cohen
I was over at gearslutz looking around and saw this... I wonder why he hasn't mentioned it here...

September 30th 2009

Hollywood, California - Steven Slate, known widely in the industry for his popular virtual drum software, is launching two new pro audio companies at AES 2009.

The first, SLATE DIGITAL, will be introducing new and innovative digital software, dsp plugins, and digital hardware aimed at the pro audio market. At AES, SLATE DIGITAL will debut two new plugins for audio workstations (VST, RTAS, AU) that are based around the company’s new ADVANCED ALGORITHMS. “The ‘ADVANCED ALGORITHM’ is a term that describes a very complex new form of dsp code that is written entirely from the ground up, based on revolutionary new technology and science. It redefines the way that different DSP modules can communicate”, remarks Fabrice Gabriel, SLATE DIGITAL’s CTO and chief algorithm engineer. It allows us to achieve in our new audio plugin line what no other plugin manufacturer has achieved before”.

Like Slate’s virtual drum instrument line, all SLATE DIGITAL software will be thoroughly tested by some of the music industry’s top producers and mixers. “I am lucky to have some of the most talented people in pro audio test out our new products and help fine tune them. Nothing gets released till they all give me the thumbs up”, says Slate.

As a partner to SLATE DIGITAL, a new analog hardware company called SLATE PRO AUDIO, will also debut at AES 2009.

“I’ve been an analog gearhead for as long as I can remember”, remarks Slate. “I still use tons of analog hardware in my daily music production, and over the years I’ve developed new concepts for analog hardware that have never been done before. So after years of perfecting the designs, I finally gathered up a team of the most talented electronic engineers in the country, and I’m now seeing my dream gear come to fruition.”

To see new products from SLATE DIGITAL, SLATE PRO AUDIO, and the Slate line of virtual drum instruments, visit AES booth 170 at the 127th AES Convention October 9th – 12th.

Oh, and I found this... http://www.slatedigital.com/

That looks SERIOUSLY pro. Well written text too, it really gives me the confidence to buy the plugins without even trying them. Of course.. that won't happen, ever, no matter how good the first impression is :) But hell, if the price is not ridiculously high, I'll be jumping on those things with whatever's left of my poor economy! :D

wow, maybe this (TRIGGER) will finally make drum replacement accurate without having to go through every single note .. drumagog still looses on ghostnotes and fast rolls...

If you input shit, you still get shit. Learn to record the drums properly and it won't be as big of a problem :Smug:

Gotta love these self-fellating posts. You do realize some of us get externally tracked stuff to mix on a regular basis, right? There isn't a universal drum tracking quality control.

As far as the news goes, they just released this on GS yesterday. I'm really keen on those digital mastering plug-ins that they claim retain punch. Slate was definitely all about commercial loudness but punchy drum mixes, and he always led the charge here with new techniques to maximize loudness and retain clarity.

Trigger plug-in looks good too, but with the new Drumagog also coming, and with ProTrig and Drumtracker, we're starting to get a little spoiled for choice!

The virtual mastering console certainly does look amazing. I'm sure it sounds amazing as well.

FYI, Slate's chief engineer/programmer/coder/whatever for this plug-ins, Fabrice, is also the genius behind the Eiosis stuff!

=D

FUCK YES