The list quoted seems wrong.
I have different stuff on pop rock 2 ,
-The Kicks are 1a , 1b ,green ,AC.
-Toms inside are Just "Fat" and "Birch" ,
NOT "new maple" and "Qik"
(qik are present in ex basis anyway)
It also includes "slate custom snare" .

Sadly i 've just "stretched" as far to 2 expansion ,
credit card this month was on the limit just before the 22.
Orherwise i would have purchased more .
A lot of people get paid in that period like me (so have more bank-funds at disposal),but it's ok.

i was mainly after 2 instruments on metallica kit , so i 'll live with that.
Maybe "Never toms" were intriguing too,
hope they 'll offer again who knows.

A good purchase for snare and kicks nevertheless,that's for sure.

If the list that Steven posted on the previous page is correct, this is what the Pop/Rock Vol. 1 - 3 contains.
I made a list that's a bit easier to read. Includes only Kicks/Snares/Toms cause that's what I'm most interested in.

Essential Rock/Pop Vol.1

Kicks:
Slate Custom Kick
Kick 1
Kick 12
Kick 14
AC Kick

Snares:
Slate Custom Snare
Snare 3
Snare 4
Snare 7
Snare 14
Snare 21

Toms:
Quick Toms
Maple Toms
Fat Toms
New Maple Toms

Essential Rock/Pop Vol.2

Kick:
Kick 1
Kick 1A
Kick 17
Green Kick
Ac Kick

Snares:
Snare 10A
Snare 11
Snare 13
Snare 19
Snare 20
Green Snare

Toms:
Maple Toms
Birch Toms
Fat Toms
Qik Toms

Essential Rock/Pop Vol.3

Kicks:
Kick 1
Kick 1B
Kick 4
Kick 10
Kick 12
Kick 17
Blimp Kick

Snares:
Snare 1
Snare 4
Snare 7
Snare 8
Snare 12A
Snare 18
Snare 20

Toms:
Fat Toms
Qik Toms
Maple Toms
Never Toms

(Vol 3. also contains a kit called "Nice Crack", if you look at the player on the expansionspage, but there's no info on what that contains.)

Hope this helps someone. And please don't get mad at me if this list is wrong!

Well, I thought I registered a while back, but, apparently not! Its my first post and what better place to start! :cool:

I picked up the EX version before Xmas, with the 2 expansion offer after checking out the Slate presets for SD2, and, well, its pretty awesome, but, I am still getting my head round the Kontakt thing after years of BFD or SD2, its kinda different, so, still using the standard "out the box" kits, but, they work, and, the sounds are immense. Am sure it will be immense when I figure it out.

So, the other day after reading this, I jumped on and bought the deal on audiomidi, or so i thought. Its still sat there unprocessed, and, no response from them at all. From what I have read, this isnt uncommon haha. If they ever get round to processing my order, then, I have a small query, I will have 2 copies of Rock Classics and Essential Rock & Pop 2. What do i do with them? :D

I have seen elsewhere that it seems to be a no no sometimes on here, but, the only grumble I have, is a lack of presests for it (Much like Eleven RTAS, although the lack of them for that is well annoying haha), as, I learnt BFD mainly from presets, and, seeing what did what. I have been less about production and more about playing, and, dont "get" a lot of this stuff, but, I do refuse to go down the EZMix route!

yea i'm gonna have to say fin's track sounds the best out of what's on this page...shit definitely brings the EPICZ

+1

Fin, dude WHERE did you get that track from (doesn't seem to be from either of your bands I think?)- Been wondering this myself ever since your X30 reamp :)

Is it yours or did you just mix it? Because if you did, I'm willing to let you charge me A LOT for your services :lol:

+1

Fin, dude WHERE did you get that track from (doesn't seem to be from either of your bands I think?)- Been wondering this myself ever since your X30 reamp :)

Is it yours or did you just mix it? Because if you did, I'm willing to let you charge me A LOT for your services :lol:

Cheers man! That track is from my old band and I made a new version of it last year just for fun. :) I also did the mixing. Just PM me if you are interested in my services.

Hi!
Maybe no one will answer, because I have a LOT OF questions, but I want to know what I spend my money on, and I'm sure there are some others who wants too. I've read everything carefully, but information on SSD site is really poor. So:

- Can someone please write down what kicks/snares/toms/cymbals the basic Steven Slate Drums EX contains like some of you wrote it on the expansions?
- Does the Trigger EX contains the same kits as SSD EX?
- Can I use Triggers with my midi recordings?
- If yes, only separate tracks?
- Does it eat much CPU using with separate tracks? (I'm on MSI CX620 Core i3 2,1GHz laptop with 4 GB ram.)
- Does it have that "humanizer" function that SSD have?
- What can we know about SSD 4?
- Will it contains the same kits or completly new ones - or just some new ones?
- New important features?
- Should I wait?

I'm a little bit confused which one to buy. It is possible that I will record real drums soon, so maybe I should choose the Trigger, but now I have to make a CD with only midi. I'll be sad if I have to buy all of them.

For Slate, if You ever reading this: So sad that SSD doesn't contains wav-s anymore and people have to spend so much money on the same samples with Trigger again. These three parts should be separate: SSD-Trigger-samples that useable with both program. It is possible that I can't see the business side of this thing and I'm wrong, but I think that would much more popular.

Thanks for all who take some time for noobs like me.

Hi!
Maybe no one will answer, because I have a LOT OF questions, but I want to know what I spend my money on, and I'm sure there are some others who wants too. I've read everything carefully, but information on SSD site is really poor. So:

- Can someone please write down what kicks/snares/toms/cymbals the basic Steven Slate Drums EX contains like some of you wrote it on the expansions?
- Does the Trigger EX contains the same kits as SSD EX?
- Can I use Triggers with my midi recordings?
- If yes, only separate tracks?
- Does it eat much CPU using with separate tracks? (I'm on MSI CX620 Core i3 2,1GHz laptop with 4 GB ram.)
- Does it have that "humanizer" function that SSD have?
- What can we know about SSD 4?
- Will it contains the same kits or completly new ones - or just some new ones?
- New important features?
- Should I wait?

I'm a little bit confused which one to buy. It is possible that I will record real drums soon, so maybe I should choose the Trigger, but now I have to make a CD with only midi. I'll be sad if I have to buy all of them.

For Slate, if You ever reading this: So sad that SSD doesn't contains wav-s anymore and people have to spend so much money on the same samples with Trigger again. These three parts should be separate: SSD-Trigger-samples that useable with both program. It is possible that I can't see the business side of this thing and I'm wrong, but I think that would much more popular.

Thanks for all who take some time for noobs like me.

You obviously didn't read the entire thread cause like 5 posts above yours all your questions are answered.

That being said my guess as to why no more wav files is it makes the program too easy to hack in the the wav files can be transferred between individulas just by copying them.

Honestly the price of Plat for both products is well worth it considering how versatile they are. As for Midi ... yes you CAN use trigger with you midi and yes its individual tracks.

Just keep in mind trigger DOES NOT contain cymbals. So if you are using programmed drums then SSD is the way you need to go.

Haha! :loco: Good idea!

Thanks for your answer guitarguru777! Sorry, really there were some of them already answered here, I will ask the others on the SSD's forum.

What do you think, can I build one good drumset from only the EX for my bands EP? Are the toms good enough in the EX or should I go with 2 more expansions?

Strachan of D said:
do they still sell the packs as wav files or gogs
Nope.

But when I emailed them about it (I bought Trigger though... So that could be another story) they sent me CD's with just the wav's. I think the gog files are 100% done with.