Steven Wilson Solo album!!!

i've seen PT live before and i know a good bit about drumming, gavin is a solid drummer but he's to samey, quit getting your panties in a bunch not everyone likes him.

i've seen PT live before and i know a good bit about drumming, gavin is a solid drummer but he's to samey, quit getting your panties in a bunch not everyone likes him.

Too "samey"? What, not enough blast beats for ya?! OK, now I KNOW you're talking out of your ass! You've never even listened to PT before, have you?! ROTFL! The thing that the guy gets more praise for than anything else, and the very subject of each of his instructional books and videos is creating infinite variations over a given time signature, this is the entire foundation of the dude's style!

Of course, none of this is surprising coming from you, given the now completely predictable swipes you take in each and every PT-related thread. You're a hater, and that's fine, but since your opinion is so allegedly well-informed, how about providing some examples of the stuff YOU think is "superior" whenever you make one of your inevitable negative comments so that we can subject them to like critical analysis. C'mon man, I dare you, it'll be fun! lol

lol, i just wanted a solid constructive explanation.
you knowing a "good bit of drumming" has nothing to do with good taste.

Definitely.

You only seem to make negative comments just for the sake of being negative so ya prolly. Regardless of what you say he's certain a great drummer.

You're obviously no expert on the matter, but just for shits, and giggles who do you find to be "great."

By the way here's a video of Gavin doing his thing since it seems like you've never seen or even heard him before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X81qq6Fi3G4&feature=related

Very good. But I'm more curious who's playing bass tbh

Just pre-ordered!!! But cost a lot!!! 86$ Can for the 2cd/dvda shipping included. The Package seems to be awesome. High quality book, pictures, everything seems to be top-notch.

Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Fair play its a quality product but thats alot of money to pay!...I guess it IS a special edition...stevie is so obsessed with making music that is something tangible and to be cherished which is cool but still....argh I want it!

I'll be waiting for the price to go down, however. Hopefully by the time it gets in the stores, along with the new Enslaved, new Bloodbath, and Roundhouse DVD *phew*!! Yep, I'll be broke.