"Still In The Water"

NeonKnite...seems to me you're just bringing this all on yourself. You do nothing but provoke them.

Yeah, new Amorphis is good at least.

LifeDepraved said:
NeonKnite...seems to me you're just bringing this all on yourself. You do nothing but provoke them.

Yeah, new Amorphis is good at least.

I posted a thread about how I enjoyed an Evergrey song... if that's provoking them than I guess this board should just be shut down because it serves no purpose.

NeonKnite said:
I posted a thread about how I enjoyed an Evergrey song... if that's provoking them than I guess this board should just be shut down because it serves no purpose.

Yeah, that's fine and all, but you keep posting stuff after they say stuff. You shouldn't let this get to you. I mean who wins an argument over the internet? No one...everyone loses. Because everyone looks like a retard.

And yes, I'm really enjoying this new Amorphis.

*sweeping noises*

Criticism of the new album is fine, but if all you're gonna do is slam other people who enjoy it, please move on.

Yeah Obedience and Still In The Water are my favorite tracks and every song becomes greater everytime I hear the other songs.
Man, there's a great headbangin part in The Curtain Falls (1min 50sec) !! love it

MetalBanger said:
Yeah Obedience and Still In The Water are my favorite tracks and every song becomes greater everytime I hear the other songs.
Man, there's a great headbangin part in The Curtain Falls (1min 50sec) !! love it

Agreed! I love it!:D

That's the one thing I've always loved about Evergrey's stuff is that it just gets better and better with subsequent listenings.

I'd say it takes at least a dozen listenings of all their albums until you completely "get it".

Funny you say that when it took 1-2 listens for me to get into all of their stuff besides MMA.

I have given MMA probably around 20 or so listens so far, still doesn't strike me like any other Evergrey record. Oh well.

Still in the water is one of the songs I like on the album...especially after it gets to the part where he says "how can I save myslef from apocalypse" The song is great after that because the nu-metalish riff from the beginning isnt used anymore. The solo and vocals are great.

Nobody mentions At Loss for Words? That song has one of the only signature, true Evergrey riffs on the whole album, and is right now one of the only tracks I trully enjoy. As for listens, when I got Inner Circle I played it start to finish at least ten times that week and was still noticing things. I've played MMA four times so far and have no urge to again for a while, there's just not that much to be found here sadly...

In a State of Paralysis said:
Nobody mentions At Loss for Words? That song has one of the only signature, true Evergrey riffs on the whole album, and is right now one of the only tracks I trully enjoy.

+1

Its a great song ... just recently got properly into it.

I seem to be finding the odd song great and decide to listen to it over any other song ... then i move to another song. (first was 'Unspeakable', now 'At Loss For Words' and sometimes 'Still In The Water')

LifeDepraved said:
Funny you say that when it took 1-2 listens for me to get into all of their stuff besides MMA.

I have given MMA probably around 20 or so listens so far, still doesn't strike me like any other Evergrey record. Oh well.

You're special.

But actuualy, I'm not saying I didn't like it after 1-2 listens, but to fully "get it" took me more than a few listens... to hear everything.

I prefer this album to the first 2 Evergrey CDs which other than 2-3 tracks on each, I find relatively unspectacular.

Yes At loss for words is my favorite song on the album....it is the only song that has no unfortunate nu metal elements, and is the only song that sounds completely like an actual Evergrey song.

Am I the only one who thinks still in the water sucks? Tom says "I just thought you was asleep" uhh proper english someone? Anyway, this album won't mean anything after a week or 2. Just watch