"Still In The Water"

Black Rain said:
Am I the only one who thinks still in the water sucks? Tom says "I just thought you was asleep" uhh proper english someone? Anyway, this album won't mean anything after a week or 2. Just watch

Yes, you are.

Yeah, I thought it was "I just thought she was asleep", but I can see how it could be "you". If it is "you" that is kind of lame, but there are a few cases on other albums where less than perfect english is used and it isnt a big deal.

Still in the water is one of the songs I like with the exception of the nu-metalish riff in the song. But after the line "how can I save myself from apocalypse" that riff isnt used anymore and the song is great from there imo.

is this album so bad?the music is like in their previous 2 albums or like ISOT?because it would be nice a comeback to the dark-prog way

Black Rain said:
Am I the only one who thinks still in the water sucks? Tom says "I just thought you was asleep" uhh proper english someone? Anyway, this album won't mean anything after a week or 2. Just watch

I just thaught SHE was asleep....listen closely before you judge it.Tom's no idiot...he knows how to talk english...jeez

and to all you who haven't heard the album:DON'T worry:)

and one more thing,the guitar sound doesen't define NU-Metal,okay? theres nothing fucking NU-metalish about any of the songs! Its Evergrey,without a doubt,just going one step further.

"Monday Morning Apocalypse" is a great album;D

Valentine said:
and to all you who haven't heard the album:DON'T worry:)

and one more thing,the guitar sound doesen't define NU-Metal,okay? theres nothing fucking NU-metalish about any of the songs! Its Evergrey,without a doubt,just going one step further.

"Monday Morning Apocalypse" is a great album;D

yea, but you listen to Slipknot, which is pretty much the epitomy of nu-metal ;)

the guitars definitely have a nu-metal tone.

NeonKnite said:
No they don't.

Im not saying thats a bad thing, im just saying that they definitely do. Compare them to some nu-metal bands, and the guitar tone is similar. They arent played like nu-metal guitars though. I hate how close minded metalheads are about anything that relates to nu-metal.

and for the guy who wants a comeback to the dark prog-like songs, sorry, your not getting it.

EternalMetal said:
Im not saying thats a bad thing, im just saying that they definitely do. Compare them to some nu-metal bands, and the guitar tone is similar. They arent played like nu-metal guitars though. I hate how close minded metalheads are about anything that relates to nu-metal.

and for the guy who wants a comeback to the dark prog-like songs, sorry, your not getting it.

I agree with this guy. Listen to him his avatar is old school In Flames so I'm sure he knows about riffs. Yes, there are nu-metalish riffs but played by awesome musicians so they are considerably better. Sadly, not by Evergrey standards. At Loss for Words, however features classic Evergrey riffing.

EternalMetal said:
yea, but you listen to Slipknot, which is pretty much the epitomy of nu-metal ;)

the guitars definitely have a nu-metal tone.

everyone who doesn't listen to slipknot says they're NU metal...

well..they're NOT for crying out loud!

Slipknot is heavy/death/hardcore/trash!metal....

can you compare linkin fucking park or limp bizkit with Slipknot? I don't think so.

and if you say otherswise,well...shows how much you know.

so NO,the EG guitar sound on MMA doesn't sound anything like NU-metal.

...Slipknot mainly get the nu-metal title as they became popular during the stage that nu-metal was popular.

But at the same time i partially agree with the nu-metal title.

Really, nu-metal or 'heavy/death/hardcore/trash metal' - neither should make any difference to if they are good or not

Just ignore everyone Valentine inside of getting all stressed over someone saying Slipknot are crap or nu-metal - which is quite sad really ..... you are not going to change people's minds here.

Valentine said:
everyone who doesn't listen to slipknot says they're NU metal...

well..they're NOT for crying out loud!

Slipknot is heavy/death/hardcore/trash!metal....

can you compare linkin fucking park or limp bizkit with Slipknot? I don't think so.

and if you say otherswise,well...shows how much you know.

so NO,the EG guitar sound on MMA doesn't sound anything like NU-metal.

You're never going to see a heavy/death/hardcore/thrash band playing on Conan or Leno. Sorry, but they are nu-metal. FYI nu-metal is not just about rap and metal, it's a general term for the commercial "metal" that was popular in a similar time span. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Slipknot have a sampler? Enough said.

And yes I'll admit they have a good drummer.

In a State of Paralysis said:
You're never going to see a heavy/death/hardcore/thrash band playing on Conan or Leno. Sorry, but they are nu-metal. FYI nu-metal is not just about rap and metal, it's a general term for the commercial "metal" that was popular in a similar time span. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Slipknot have a sampler? Enough said.

And yes I'll admit they have a good drummer.

yes they have a sampler. fine,they're NU metal.:lol: