Stoner rock recommendations??

I would say anything by the band Trouble. Even their last album Plastic Green Head is great stuff in my book. Also maybe try Pounds by Mental Hippie Blood. This is their only album but it has very Iommi-esque riffs.

High on fires first album is SICK. I also highly recommend Novadriver- Void. You can get it for REAL cheap off Half.com. oh yeah and SPIRIT CARAVAN. Get everything. I think they are my favorite stoner rock band. Sleep's Holy Mountain is another amazing example of stoner rock at it's purest.

I'm not too familiar with Stoner Rock but a band that is sometimes labeled this way is Cathedral, who are also sometimes called a doom metal band. Anyway, their album Carnaval Beyond Redemption is just awesome! Filled with groove and fuzzy guitar tones.

If you are looking for new bands, check out Firestone and Truckfighters. More about them can be found at fuzzoramarecords.com

Half of the bands being mentioned here are 70-80's Psychedelic rock, not stoner rock, they are two very different things.

As far as newer bands I would highly recommend Lord Sterling (they mix psych, Stoner and even a bit of punk), Atomic Bitch Wax or any other band that appears on Tee Pee Records http://www.teepeerecords.com. Also it may be stretch for some but you might even get a kick out of some of the Sonic Youth stuff (although I love it for what you are looking for avoid the stuff on DGC label). Another grossly underated band is The Obsessed (band that features Wino the guy that does some of the guitar on Dave Grohls Probot album).

[X] said:
Thank you, I never expected such a great replies :D

I'm open to the older stuff. I tend to trace music from their roots. so start recommend me the stuffs from 70s :)

btw, how about electric wizard? are they good?

Yes, Electric Wizard are good..but ONLY if you're prepared for a really heavy experience with their albums. I reccomend Dopethrone. I also reccomend checking out:

Sleep -- Dopesmoker (Be careful about this one..it's one hour long song)
Orange Goblin -- Time Travelling Blues
Spiritual Beggars -- On Fire
Clutch -- Blast Tyrant
and the newest Monster Magnet is pretty cool, too.
Reverend Bizarre -- Harbinger of Metal

Some of these reccomendations are doom, rather than stoner metal/rock, however, you will probably still enjoy them.

ænimated said:
Half of the bands being mentioned here are 70-80's Psychedelic rock, not stoner rock, they are two very different things.

People here are getting confused. They think he means bands that are good when stoned, and not bands of the stoner rock GENRE, apparently.

Core - Hustle Is On
Warhorse - Heaven Turns To Ash
Clutch - Jam Room
Roachpowder - Atomic Church
Mystick Krewe of Clearlight
Nebula - To the Center
Sixty Watt Shaman - Seed of Decades
Leaf Hound - Growers of Mushroom

ænimated said:
Yep. I gave up on this thread a long time ago. :D

Have you heard Korpse? Their Re-virgin album is cool. Not sure if they count as stoner, but they're pretty sludgy metal.