STOP the INSANITY: Songs Anthrax should drop...

who said they should shorten their set list?? All that was said is that they have SO many songs Joey and John era that NEED to be played and won't be played as long as some songs remain in their short set list as if they have to be played like they were Hits or something.

My choices for tunes that get retired are:

Bring the noise( only for special gig where Public enemy members happen to be invited to gig)
Antisocial( only for special events such as being in France where you can do the french version or when you are doing a live dvd :) )
I am the man( I really wish they would stop being proud for starting this rap rock scene)
Got the time( it is a nice song but please focus on originals rather than covers- they are nice for b sides but lets hear some of your killer originals)

tattooedsean666 said:
Got the time( it is a nice song but please focus on originals rather than covers- they are nice for b sides but lets hear some of your killer originals)

You said it man. Originals rule and b-sides are fun.

you can't drop Anti-Social! You gotta have a good song with crowd chanting/participation. Got The Time is cool, but I could do without it if I had to, especially if they'd do Time, (track one on POT)...

Its easy, Got The Time, Bring The Noise and Antisocial all need to get the boot. But we all know that will never happen. Those 3 songs suck. and the funny thing is, There not even Anthrax songs, Lets Drop the covers and start Playin some more shit off STOMP!!!

what amuses me is people freak out if you consider getting rid of bring the noise and anti social as if those are only tunes that could stir up crowd reaction. If that is the case, anthrax is in some serious trouble. Of course it isn't, pick up anthrax's entire catalog and there are many songs that if played regularly could stir up the crowd.

i agree, drop antisocial, got the time and maybe BTN.
don;t they get bored of playing those songs at every concert? don;t the fans get bored of hearing the same old songs?
they have so many other cool and more interesting tunes they could play - off he top of my head: in a zone, time, blood... come on guys surprise us!!!

GregadetH said:
What the hell? Now we WANT them to stop playing songs? God damn.

Don't drop a thing. Just b/c some of you have sen them more times than you've been to church dosent mean that sumone else who hasn't seen 'em a million fucking times shouldn't be able to hear certain songs. I'm sorry Maiden, no offense, but this is just a bad idea.
I couldnt agree with Gregadeth more, I can't believe that true fans are willing to STOP listening to songs just because of the amount of times they have heard them. I have probably listened to at least 3 songs a day by Anthrax for the past 16 years straight and I don't want to stop hearing any of thier stuff.

I have purposely only seen them live 5 times. I feel that if I see them TOO much or listen to them TOO much, I will get bored and stop for a long time.

A wise man once said, " Too much of even a great thing is bad" or something like that. I hope you all get my point.

PS - Lone Justice, Bring the noise, Indians, Antisocial, Safe Home ALL FUCKING ROCK! ALL HAIL THE THRAX!

Dont take anything personal, everybody. I got a lot of love for this forum. Shit, It's my goddamn homepage!

I think what Mistress Maiden was getting at was that there are good songs off of newer records we dont/havent heard - SOWN,S442,V8 -and that we have heard BTN,GTT,etc. sooo many times that a change would be nice. YES, a longer set would be nicer, be let's stick to the issue, hmmmm?!? Hell, I was geeked when they played 604 in Flint. It would have been an awesome surprise if I hadnt sneeked a peek at the control board's setlist!! :D

yeah they played 604 in london. was quite funny. i don;t think many of the crowd knew that song... they could play anything from VOL 8 and skip GTT / AS / BNS and i would be happy.

Devin_Damien said:
I couldnt agree with Gregadeth more, I can't believe that true fans are willing to STOP listening to songs just because of the amount of times they have heard them. I have probably listened to at least 3 songs a day by Anthrax for the past 16 years straight and I don't want to stop hearing any of thier stuff.

I have purposely only seen them live 5 times. I feel that if I see them TOO much or listen to them TOO much, I will get bored and stop for a long time.

A wise man once said, " Too much of even a great thing is bad" or something like that. I hope you all get my point.

PS - Lone Justice, Bring the noise, Indians, Antisocial, Safe Home ALL FUCKING ROCK! ALL HAIL THE THRAX!

Dont take anything personal, everybody. I got a lot of love for this forum. Shit, It's my goddamn homepage!
I saw Anthrax 5 times between Monday of last week and Tuesday of this week. It doesn't get old. All I've been listening to since then is bootlegs because I want more.