Story about how I got into Pagan's Mind

Janga666

Infamous Butcher
Jan 19, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ok, this story starts out with Sonata Arctica. I am not a fan. i tried to be but they are just not my type of band. I bought "Unia", "Silence" and "Winterheart's Guild" and was crushingly disappointed with them. I gave my CDs to a friend who is a big SA fan.

Now... this same friend told me that SA's album "Ecliptica" is arguably their best and that I should listen to that. I refused to buy it and waste more money so he offered to burn me a copy from his. he did this and gave it to me.... and I listened to it.....

The music was..... awesome! Some of the best guitar work I've heard in a LONG time.... guitar work that mnay rival Dream Theatre or Queensryche!! The vocals were powerful and dark... unlike any other Sonata Arctica song I've heard where the vocals were cheeesy (imo), and the lyrics were awesome, rather than crap like on other SA albums (imo). The 9 minute instrumental on the album was fantastic!! I listened to it 5-6 times. I LOVED the album!!

I met up with my friend again and told him that I loved the album "Ecliptica", and that I couldn't understand why it was so different and awesomer than the other albums by the band. At this point he informed me that he made a mistake and burnt me a copy of Pagan's Mind - "Celestial Entrance".

that is how I got into Pagan's Mind....lol

No offense to Sonata Arctica fans! :headbang:

I was just rummaging through the metal music selection and noticed the cover art for "Infinity Divine", I heard about the band from time to time and since I've made some stupid gambles before, I thought I'd do it again! :D This was the 2004 version of course by the way. So I really enjoyed the shit out of it. As soon as the album ended I just hit play again like an instinctive reflex.

I checked out their other two albums ("God's Equation" wasn't out yet), and although I liked the music, I found Nils' vocals a little difficult to listen to. I got a little too used to his almost robotic-sounding tone on ID, so I left em alone for a bit...

Fast forward to after "God's Equation" was released - I listened to the title track and "United Alliance", and was once again hooked. I haven't had the chance to buy it just yet but it's definately my next purchase, and of course I love Nils' vocals now.

So there's my little prog blog...

Hi by the way. :D

Hailing from Barrie, Ontario here. Nice albums you got in your sig there - "Somewhere Far Beyond" was my entry album into the power/prog genre. :D I loved Symphony X until "Paradise Lost", and I listen to Slayer here and there. No idea what that album in the top left is though. :D

Top left: "Algalloch - Pale Folklore". Awesome folk metal.. if you like that kind of music.

EDIT: My sig changed because it changes when I buy new albums, although the top left is still an Agalloch album (The Mantle).

I have a friend who is a great metalhead. And he recommended Pagans Mind to me (In addition they are from Norway, wich me and my friend is) so I bought an album and hey! I'm now a fan of PM :)