Strange mini-haul...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Ended up with $60 worth of Best Buy gift certificates. I was surprised to learn that you can't use these GCs at BestBuy.com. Best Buy also won't special order CDs for you. So, I was stuck picking from what they had in store. For a giant chain, Best Buy actually has a decent Metal selection, but I either own or didn't want most of what was left after the winter solstice shopping season. After much deliberation, I ended up with the following:

Brides of Destruction's "Here Come the Brides" - I know I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed this project. A lot of tongue in cheek, good Hard Rock.

Michael Pinnella's "Enter by the Twelth Gate" - I love SX. Pinnella, for my money, is one of the most talented keyboard players in Metal. I haven't heard a thing on this CD yet, but I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Cradle of Filth's "Damnation and a Day" - I've heard this CD called everything from "masterpiece" to "absolute shit". I dig "Nymphetamine" and I know PJ loves this disc.

Nuerosis' "The Eye of Every Storm" - I've seen some recent chatter about this disc, and it was on a few RC Top 10 lists. What the hell.

Zod

Cool on the Neurosis disc. I thought you could use those gift cards on Bestbuy.com. I have $25 bucks I have to burn there, and I was figuring I'd just wait until the new Primordial and new Enslaved are released. since Primordial is now on Metal Blade, I'm hoping Best Buy will get it in stock. Enslaved will be on Candlelight, so that's a maybe.

General Zod said:
Ended up with $60 worth of Best Buy gift certificates. I was surprised to learn that you can't use these GCs at BestBuy.com. Best Buy also won't special order CDs for you. So, I was stuck picking from what they had in store. For a giant chain, Best Buy actually has a decent Metal selection, but I either own or didn't want most of what was left after the winter solstice shopping season. After much deliberation, I ended up with the following:

Brides of Destruction's "Here Come the Brides" - I know I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed this project. A lot of tongue in cheek, good Hard Rock.

Michael Pinnella's "Enter by the Twelth Gate" - I love SX. Pinnella, for my money, is one of the most talented keyboard players in Metal. I haven't heard a thing on this CD yet, but I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Cradle of Filth's "Damnation and a Day" - I've heard this CD called everything from "masterpiece" to "absolute shit". I dig "Nymphetamine" and I know PJ loves this disc.

Nuerosis' "The Eye of Every Storm" - I've seen some recent chatter about this disc, and it was on a few RC Top 10 lists. What the hell.

Zod
All good scores, in my book. I am working on a review of that Pinnella as we speak... it's like the soundtrack to a long lost Lord of the Rings film or something....

Brides of destruction rock, it's a shame that Nikki Sixcx had to go back to the Crue just to make some dough, as this album is similar to the first two Crue albums in its punkiness. I have the Bride of Destruction demos, which in some cases, the songs sound better on the rough demo... I can upload that later if you like.

Yeah I normally boycott Best Buy (I don't even remember why anymore :loco: ), but they do have a good music section, especially for a chain.