Random Experimental Haul

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
It's my day off and I was bored, so I decided to truck it on over to Vinal Edge. Here's what I walked out with, for a grand total of $34.60

Dawn - Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy)
Yeah, I already have an original, but I figured this would be good trade bait.

Sleep - Volume 1
Didn't like these some years ago when I heard them, but I thought "what the hell" and gave it a shot.

The Obsessed - The Church Within
I knew this was one of Wino's projects and I've always wanted to hear him. I listened to this on the way home and now I know where Slow Horse got a lot of influence (other than Sabbath). Good stuff. The sun is shining. [/iofthestorm]

Sadus - A Vision of Misery
This was my "free" CD, snce I have a buy-8-used-CDs-and-get-one-free card. It's an R/C label original with Steve Digiorgio on bass, so "what the hell" yet again.

Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
The EMI original from '83, I figured I should at least see what all the hoopla is about, so I can give the authoritative Maiden opinion.

If they all fail, oh well, good trade bait. And I like doing this once every so often. It's fun, especially if you find something you didn't think youd like all that much.

The dude also gave me the Mord - Christendom Perished promo.

J. said:
The Obsessed - The Church Within
I knew this was one of Wino's projects and I've always wanted to hear him. I listened to this on the way home and now I know where Slow Horse got a lot of influence (other than Sabbath). Good stuff. The sun is shining. [/iofthestorm]

The EMI original from '83, I figured I should at least see what all the hoopla is about, so I can give the authoritative Maiden opinion.

WIN!!!

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Sell me that Sleep album if'n you don't like it. :dopey:

From what I understand it's their weakest offering.

J. said:

:ill:

Put that Mord on to ease the pain of hearing that Iron Maiden.

Actually, I like Iron Maiden, but my natural instinct to rebel has caused me to ignore the band since they get non-stop worship around here.

Maiden wasn't bad. I cant certainly see why they are praised, especially taken in the context that it was released back in '83. But this did nothing for me. I am very glad I heard them though.

Listening to Mord right now.

I listened to that Mord once or twice, didn't think much of it, put it away for a couple weeks, then got it back out (because I needed to review it), and after a few more listens I really started to like it.

J. said:
Maiden wasn't bad. I cant certainly see why they are praised, especially taken in the context that it was released back in '83. But this did nothing for me. I am very glad I heard them though.

I think it's hysterical that there could be someone posting on this board who hadn't heard an Iron Maiden album. You had at least heard some of their stuff before, right?

a few songs here and there. after hearing Piece of Mind, I have no desire to hear Maiden again. but Im glad I did.