Strapping Young Lad: All Hail The New Black

Liquid Diamonds said:
Ok, I've been REALLY looking forward to 'The New Black'. I loved 'Alien', not really because of the humour aspect at all, but because parts of it were genuinely different, and totally crushed.

Thus far, from the new record, I have heard 'Wrong Side' and 'You Suck'. All I can say is... those had BETTER be the weakest tracks on there... :erk:

Maybe it will be a grower...

Almost Again is a REALLY good song, better than those two. The New Black is a great as well.

City is truly their greatest release. I dont think they will ever match that intensity. :worship:

metal_wrath said:
haha, I don't like joke bands, not that I would listen to a band like syl anyway. Also Nile > SYL
lol that put any self-doubt that i had about liking syl to rest :kickass:

..no, i didn't have any to begin with :p ..seriously, anyone who doesn't appreciate city is simply missing out. alien and the new one are also very good imho

prowlergrig said:
lol that put any self-doubt that i had about liking syl to rest :kickass:

..no, i didn't have any to begin with :p ..seriously, anyone who doesn't appreciate city is simply missing out. alien and the new one are also very good imho
your tastes suck

tbh, I think Anti-Product and Monument are a bit weak. The rest is awesome. Taking that cheesy metal flavour and spreading it all over the Strapping sound is cool. Dev's vocals soar in that power metal style a lot on this album.

Not taking metal too seriously is the only way. Fans that think it's all deadly serious, true and evil... well, they provide me enough comedy value not to worry that they have no sense of perspective, tbh.