Strapping Young Lad - The New Black

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Anyone else get it?
It's cool.
Prob not as brutally heavy as Alien, but still has some rockin riffage.

As always, the lyrics are very thought provoking and deep......
For example:

"Even you're girlfriend fucking sucks
HELL YEAH SHE FUCKIN SUCKS
Fuck you, you fucking fuck
HELL YEAH YOU FUCKING SUCK"

:lol:

Dev is the man.

music-4348.jpeg

hevydevyr.jpg

Tosser.

I heard that this is the last SYL release, that they were only doing 5, now dev will continue with his other project

He's said that before. He told me three years ago that SYL might be the last one and he'd just do Townsend Band albums. It does seem that SYL will be taking a break for a while now as Dev wants to spend time with his family. As for the album, it didn't impress me that much, to be honest. I listened to it a couple of times and thought, "Wow, that wasn't very good".

I got it last week. It's not bad, and there are a couple of really cool songs, such as You Suck and Far Beyond Metal. Not as good as some of the other stuff though.

Yeah he's always cracking the shits and saying there'll be no more SYL, but then he changes his mind again.

I thought Alien was a solid release myself, didnt inspire to get any other SYL releases though

Had this for a while. Is growing on me more and more but nothing he does will top city or ocean machine. Read an interview a while back and Dev said he wants to take a rest after this album and tour after 10 odd years non stop writing,recording,producing and touring. Really hope they make it out here this time round !

I quite like the new album, although it's kinda forgettable and dare I say, SYL-by-numbers in places.

Devy is taking six months off, after which they're going to do a little more touring for the album, including Australia, which is gonna happen in March apparently.